«Obi-Wan Kenobi»

Prompt: #8 "I've been waiting a long time."
Title: After Order 66
X-Reader
Warning-None

«This takes place shortly after Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.
Obi-Wan tells the reader that he has had feelings for her, but never told her because of your guys' pledge to the Jedi Council»

A lot has happened, Anakin turned to the dark side, Padmé died, almost all of the Jedi's are dead, and now I have Padmé's kids, Luke and Leia. I'm not keeping them for very long, because Obi-Wan said that they would be safer without us.

I was back home on Bespin (City in the Clouds) and I was watching the babies. They were still very small, and only 2 weeks old, Luke started to cry, and I walked over to him, "It's okay Luke, It's okay." After I carried him around for a little bit, Leia started to cry.

I heard a knock on my bedroom door, and Obi-Wan walked in. "Need some help?" He asked, and I nodded. He picked up Leia and started to talk to her.

"I think I found somewhere safe to take the twins. Some where far away, where Anakin, nor the emperor can find them." He said.

"That's good. Who will adopt them?" I ask.

"Bail Organa said he and his wife wanted Leia. But as for Luke, I haven't found a place for him yet." He said, and put Leia back on the bed.

I thought for a moment while I held Luke, "Well, I could keep him." Obi-Wan looked over at me, "After all my parents are the Senators, and we stayed out of all of the whole war. I know he would be safe here." I say.

Obi-Wan looks over at me, "I know he would be, but I don't think it's a good idea, Y/N. He needs to be away from the Jedi, and if Vader finds you or me, we can't protect Luke." He says , and I sigh.

"You're probably right Obi-Wan, I just, I don't know. I know Leia will be safe with Bail, but I'm worried who's going to keep Luke." I say, and while holding Luke.

Obi-Wan wrapped an arm around me, and I could feel my cheeks heat up,
"We could see if Owen and Beru Lars will take him. They're his family after all." He says, and I give him a smile.

The next day, we took Leia to Alderaan. Breha and Bail were so happy, and I knew they would love, and take care of Leia.

"Stay safe." Bail told me and Obi-Wan.

Next we went to Tatooine, and I held Luke close. "You'll be safe here, Luke. I promise I'll always be here if you need me." I say, and kiss Luke's forehead.

We went up to Owen and Beru, and Beru was ecstatic to hold Luke.
They took him, and I knew he would be safe. Obi-Wan picked up my hand, because he knew I was reluctant to leave Luke.

Obi-Wan and I went back to Bespin, and he was talking to my father. I was standing on my balcony, admiring the view, and Obi-Wan came behind me.

"Y/N?" Obi-Wan asked, and stood right next to me.

"Hm?" I respond, and he grabs my hand, and I turned around, facing him.

He sighs, "I've been waiting a long time, to tell you this, but, uh, I love you. A lot actually." He says, and I kiss his him right on the lips.

"Why did you take so long to tell me?" I ask, and he looks over the balcony.

"Because we pledged that we wouldn't have any attachments, or relationships. And because of our affiliation with the Jedi Council." He says, and I nod.

"Well, I'm glad you told me, because I've always have had a crush on you." I say, and smile.

This time, he's the one who kissed me, and he pulled me into a hug, "I love you, Y/N. And I promise I will take care of you." He says, and I smile, "I love you too."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word Count: 744
I wrote this at 3 in the morning, and I am just now reading over it. I think I could have done a little bit better.
Feel free to vote, and comment, and requests are always opened!
~B❤✴
»May the force be with you, my Padawans«