«Poe Dameron»

Prompt:#15~"We need to talk about what happened last night...
Title:_Not Ready
Warning: Slight Language

★★★Funny story at the end!!★★★

«You the reader, just got out of a toxic relationship. You went to a small get together, but you ended up having a drunk night with Poe»
______________________________________

I was lying on my bed in my room moping around, when the door opened revealing my best friend/ roommate Kaydel Connix. (←Billie Lourd)

"Y/N, are you seriously still moping around, because of that jerk?" Kaydel asked, and sat down next to me.

I shrug my shoulders, "I really loved him, and he broke my heart.." I say, and look up at the ceiling, and Kaydel sits there in silence for a few minutes.

She stood up, "I know exactly what you need." She said, and I slowly turn to look at her, "What do I need?" I ask, and she pulls me off of my bed,

"You are going to the get together that they're having tonight." Kaydel says, and I shake my head, "No, I'm not going-"

She looks at me, "Yes. You. Are. Now, go get showered, and we're going to go have fun. And, you might meet someone new!" She says in a singing tone.

I sigh, "I'm not getting out of this, am I?" I ask her and she gives me a sly grin, "Nope." She says popping the 'p'.

I took a quick shower, and put on a pair of black jeans, a white tank top, and grabbed my black leather boots.
Kaydel was sitting on the couch,
"Ready?" She asked, and stood up.

"Yeah, just let me grab my leather jacket." I said, and we walked out into the corridors. "Do we really have to go?" I ask, and she gives me a look,

"Yes, Y/N." She said, and we walked into the bar, there was some music playing, and people sitting at the bar. Most of them were pilots for the Resistance, and some of them were people who worked in the control room.

We were at the bar and got a couple of drinks, and we talked. We talked for  thirty minutes, when  Admiral Janson walked over to us.

"Lieutenant Y/L/N, Lieutenant Connix." He said, "Lieutenant Connix, we need you in the control room, please."

"Okay, Y/N, I might not be back.. But I'll talk to you later." She said, and I smiled.

I decided to get another drink, when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up and it was Poe Dameron, the best pilot in the Resistance, he gave me his famous smile, followed by a wink.

"I'll have what she has." He said, and sat on the bar stool next to me.

I swirled the drink around in the cup, and he looks at me, "So, why is a pretty lady like you doing alone at the bar?"

I chuckle, "Well, I wasn't alone, but Kaydel had to leave." I say, and he smiles, "Well, you're not alone now." He said, with a grin.

I smile, "I better go, it's getting late." I say, and he looks at me, "What about one more drink? It's on me." He says, and I thought for a second,

"Yeah, sure. Another drink can't hurt."
But one more drink turned into two, two turned into three, and three turned into many more. We went back to his room, and started talking.

"Ya know, you're a really great guy, Dameron. You're not the jackass everyone says you are." I say slurring every few words.

He chuckled, "Not so bad yourself,
Y/L/N."

"At least you're not like my ex. H-he was very controlling, and then- then he cheated on me." I say, and Poe's hand landed on my knee,

"He doesn't deserve you. He never deserved you. You're kind, beautiful, and smart... Did I say you were beautiful?" He said, and I smiled at him.

I looked into his dark brown eyes, and we slowly started to lean in. Our lips met, molding together, and his lips were so soft.

His hand slowly went up my back underneath my shirt, and his lips went down to my jaw line, then down to my neck.

*Time Skip* (sorry, not gonna give details)

I woke up with a pounding headache, and I looked around. This was definitely not my room, and I felt an arm across my bare stomach.

I turn my head, and I see the face of Poe Dameron. Oh no. What have I done?

I looked at the clock on the wall, and it read: 5:30 A.M. I slowly removed his hand from my stomach, and I got up from the bed, searching through the clothes that were thrown carelessly through out the room.

I put on my clothes, and slowly closed the door. I had to walk through several corridors to get to mine and Kaydel's room.

I opened the door, and Kaydel was sitting on her bed, reading. She looked up from her book, and gave me a smile, "So, where were you?" She asked, and I plopped down on my bed.

"I just made the biggest mistake of my entire life." I say, and rested my head in between my hands.

"What happened, Y/N?" She asked, and I looked up.

"I was drunk, and I slept with Poe Dameron." I say, and she smiles, "It couldn't have been that bad." She says, and I give a slight chuckle.

"It wasn't, I mean, I don't know." I say and throw myself back on to my bed.

"Get some sleep. You're going to have one heck of a hang over." Kaydel said, and turned off the lamp.

*Time Skip*

I woke up, and I still had a throbbing headache. I look over at the clock and it was 10:00.

I took a shower, brushed my teeth, and got dressed. I had to go talk to Poe, and I walked out of the room, and headed to his.

I knocked on the door, but no one answered, so I went to the ship hangar, and there he was working on his X-Wing.

I slowly walked in, and he was talking with some friends. I walked over to him, "Hey, can I talk to you for a second?" I ask him, and he nods, "I'll be back in a minute." He tells his friends, and I lead him to the outside of the base.

"We need to talk about what happened last night.." I say, and he nods.

"We both had a few too many drinks, and I know we both got carried away last night." I say, and he turns to me,

"Yeah, we kinda did... Maybe I should have asked you out on a proper date first. Maybe if you want to-" He said, and I looked down at the ground.

"Listen, about last night, I'm not saying it was bad, or that you did something wrong, but... Uh, I'm not ready to jump into a relationship or start dating... Not yet anyways. I like you, I really do it's just-" I paused slightly thinking of how, or what to say.

"You need time to heal from your last relationship." Poe finished my sentence and I nodded my head,

"Yeah, exactly.." I say, and he gives me a half smile,

"I understand, Y/N." He said, and looked down.

"Thank you for understanding, Poe." I say, and kissed his cheek.

"No problem." He replied, and I walked away.
______________________________________
Word Count: 1,398
★I have something funny to tell y'all. Okay, so the 'B' at the bottom stands for Becca. Well, the other day, I was having a Star Wars marathon, and I'm always trying to make the noise Chewbacca does. And one day, my mom called me, but she didn't Say Becca, she said "Chewbecca" 😂😂 sorry I had to tell y'all that.★

I didn't want to go full on smut, so I just left it at that and I didn't know how to end this, lol. I hope you enjoyed @ mrswinchester90.
That's it for this one! I hope you enjoyed it! Fell free to comment or vote! Requests are always opened, and if you have trouble coming up with a plot, check out my Writing Prompt pages.
~Chewbecca Out✌
«May the Force be with you, my Padawans»