Chap. 25.5

Sarah Campbell

"Are you sure this is supposed to be a movie?" Caden asked.

It was so obvious that I wanted to scream, if only I were allowed to speak during Charades.

"Come on, Caden," Ryan said, with a laugh. "Sarah has given you every hint that you could possibly need."

Only six seconds left.

I just fell back on the couch, accepting defeat.

"Well what was it?" Caden asked.

The words Planet of the Apes appeared on the TV screen.

"I gave you everything!" I shouted. "Baby monkey, monkey grows older, crazy monkey, and even a murder monkey. How many movies do you know that involve murdering monkeys?"

"King Kong!"

"And after guessing King Kong three times you didn't think it could possibly be something else?" I asked.

Why is my brother such an idiot?

"Okay, so that leaves Caden and Sarah at two points," Meredith said.

"Both scored by me," I said, narrowing my eyes at Caden.

Caden scoffed in response. "That clearly tells you that I'm better at acting out the Charades, because I give you actual clues."

As Aiden and Lindsey were preparing for their turn, I saw Adam nodding as Terrence whispered something in his ear.

"What are you two conspiring over there?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. "Conspiring must be down aloud."

"Says who?" Ryan asked.

"Me."

Terrence chuckled, standing up. "We have a game tomorrow, so I think we're going to have to get going."

Football. Right.

"You guys are willing to give up to your Charades lead?" I asked, causing both of them to laugh.

"They clearly don't understand the honor of winning in the Campbell household," Ryan said, with a laugh of his own. "Please leave, that gives the crown to us."

"Rude," Meredith said, swatting his arm.

I stood up, gesturing toward the door. "I'll walk you out."

"How nice," Adam said, causing me to glare at him.

I opened the front door for them, only to be met by a gust of ice cold air and a face full of snowflakes.

"What the hell is that?" Ryan called out, standing up. "Close the door, Sarah, it's freezing."

Adam stepped outside, glancing around with his eyes squinted.

It seemed to have been snowing for quite a while, a sheet of white powder laying on the ground and covering the cars.

"No way you're going home in this," Ryan said, coming up behind me. "Even if you were crazy enough to leave in this, I wouldn't let you."

Adam came back inside, shutting the door behind him. He ran his fingers through his snow-dusted hair, shaking off some of the excess water onto Terrence.

I ignored Adam and Terrence's bickering, opening the curtain over the window to stare outside.

Ryan was right, there was no way they were leaving, not in this storm.

"How long do you think it'll snow for?" I asked, glancing over my shoulder toward my brothers.

Aiden came up behind me, glancing out. "I wouldn't even try to go out there until tomorrow morning."