Chapter 7- Tough shit, Smith.

As I walked around the mansion aimlessly, I slipped my shirt back on. Not really caring about who saw me. It's not like they could touch me anyway.
 You know, this place was huge. Each turn seemed to be nothing but long corridors filled with rooms. It seemed more like a castle with how big was it was.

I walked up and down long staircases, probably a good 5 flights. Though I had no idea where I was going. I didn't really care. I opened a few rooms up, knocking first to avoid any awkward situations. Some were just empty bedrooms. One was a laundry room, a few of them were just filled with boxes. I stumbled into a room, which, turned out to be pretty fucking big. Shelves with books littered the room. It had at least two floors dedicated to these books. The air was musky with the smell of old paper.

Holy shit.

I walked down the row. Some of the books were in pretty bad shape, just barely still holding together in its binds. Some were burned, ripped, torn. You could see clearly that the books were older than anyone in the mansion. Most of the books were Greek, others I assumed German, hell some even looked French. The books were a mixture of many languages. None of which seemed to be English.

One caught my eye, it wasn't a book like any of the others. I plucked it from the shelf, curious about what was inside. There was no title, no words on the back or front. Just, sleek brown leather. It seemed journal, a leather strap wrapped around it to keep it closed. The leather strap was soft to the touch. Like, velvet. I ran my fingers over it, enjoying the coolness of it. Leather, in general, was just nice to touch. Slowly I made my way down to the strap, pulling on it for the knot to release.

I opened the book slowly, not wanting to damage anything inside of it.

der Tod Kommt Nicht für den Geber oder Nehmer

Reading the bold words triggered a flashback to the maid. What she spoke sounded like German.

Is this what she said?

I turned the page, but nothing I read was English.

What the hell does it mean??

I tied the leather strap back over the journal as it was before putting it back. I searched the other shelves up and down. I found a few more journals, but nothing in English that even gave me a clue of what the phrase might mean. Hell, I didn't even know what exactly I was looking for. All in all, it made for a frustrating experience. Every journal I picked up seemed to be nothing but a mixture of Greek with German words sprinkled into the mix.

Katie's P.O.V.

I scolded Smith with all I could muster up inside of me. Anger stirred wildly in my stomach. 

"Ashley and I could have died today smith! You think this is a joke!? Time and time again my safety has been second to your fun time. Just because you're a guard in the Thanos mansion does not mean you have the right to not do your job!" I growled at him.

"You can't expect us to be watching you 24\7! It's just not possible!" The man argued. I shot him a glare.

"THEN WHAT DID MISTRESS HIRE YOU FOR!?" I screamed.

"I'm beginning to wonder the same thing myself." A familiar voice said. Her boots clicking on the tile floor as she made her way over me.
"M-Mistress Raven I can explain!" stammered Smith as she entered the room. I crossed my arms in displeasure with the man.
"No need. I saw everything on the security camera's, Smith. You realize my pets are my most valued possession don't you?" Raven said lightly as she took a drag off of her cigarette. It was never a good thing to see her smoking, that means she was more stressed than usual.

Dipshits have been putting her under more stress. How is she supposed to do her job correctly if she has to deal with this at home?
I shook my head. Raven wrapped one arm around my waist as she moved closer to me. The anger in my chest slowly started to calm.
"Are you okay, darling?" She asked cupping my cheek lovingly. I looked at her, her emerald gaze seemingly piercing my soul.

"Yes, Mistress," I replied to her, putting my hand over hers. She gave me a soft smile before pulling away from me.
"Good..." She dropped the cigarette that was in her hand directly onto the floor.

Here it comes.

"Smith, Smith, Smith. What am I to do with you? Neglecting my pets, the one job I gave you. The easiest job I gave you. Looking after my priceless treasures.." She sighed putting the cigarette out as she stepped on it.
"Allowing my own home to be infiltrated by a rival dominant's servant. See, that really makes me unhappy." Her hands made their way into her pockets as she shook her head.
"I am sorry, it won't happen again mistress I swear!" The man pleaded. I could see his whole body tremble with fear, and rightly so. She walked towards him.

"To think, if my precious Katie hadn't had magic to help her she would be dead." She growled.
The next thing I knew Raven's hands wrapped around Smith's neck.

"Please!" He choked out, begging for her to stop.

"What do you think we should do with the idiot, Katie?" Raven asked. Her eyes narrowed on the poor man. Her green eyes seemed almost red with anger.
"Kill him," I replied. It was only fitting, what if one of us had died? It would have been his fault.
"I WON'T DO IT AGAIN JUST PLEASE!" Smith begged for his life. The man sunk down, almost as if he was submitting.  His plea's falling on deaf ears.
"No, you won't." Raven growled once more.

A scream of agony escaped the man's lips. Blood suddenly started to spray everywhere in the medical room as she ripped his head off his body. It was as though the man had suddenly become a fountain. The walls and floors were now covered with the crimson liquid. A few drops landed on me as well, but it was nothing I couldn't handle.

"Now my dear, where did Ashley run off too?" She said throwing Smiths limp body across the room. His head rolled back towards me. I lightly kicked it away.
"Hm? She was right-" I looked over to where she was before, but she wasn't there.

"Oh, shit." 

-----
If you liked this chapter don't forget to vote and comment! Also thank you to those following the story so far. I really appreciate you guys.