Chapter one- The meeting

I gasped for air as a rough hand yanked me out of the Icy water. Cold spikes seem to prick at the skin on my cheeks as air filled my lungs. I could hear a man yelling something at me, a question it sounded like.

"Where is it?" He asked. His voice was deep with a raspy tone.

Where is what? you sound angry. Maybe you should lay off the cigarettes for a while. Hopped up on all that nicotine...

"You know what, damn it! Don't be coy with me girl!"

I don't know what you're talking about mister. Just let me go.

"I saw you with it! The amulet!"

I hate jewelry. I couldn't possibly have what you need. What's so special about some amulet anyway? Just go rob a poor old lady or something...Why bother with me?

His hunger for answers raised dangerously. He wasn't just going to let me go.

It's okay, I've always wanted to die anyway.

The vibration of his voice carried through the air but became jumbled in my mind. I couldn't make out his garbled words. The only thing I could do was take deep breaths in and savor the sweet air on my lips.

Before I knew it, my head was dunked back in the water. Cold once again prickling at my face. I struggled against the man's mighty grip, but it was futile. I could feel his fingernails pop into my skin one by one as he tightened his grip on my neck. I felt bubbles of air tickle up my cheek as they rose.

Are those bubbles coming from me? I gotta try and save the air...How did I end up here? Why were they doing this? what's so special about this amulet that they want to kill me? Nothing made sense to me. I remember being at a party...

That stupid fucking party, I didn't even want to go to it in the first place. Typical, I warned my friends something bad always happens whenever house parties involve alcohol and horny boys. But of course, staying home and watching anime just isn't cool. 

I had to go out, get more reputation...It doesn't matter now. I had a choice besides that. Was it even the party's fault? No, it was the sprite that was opened up by someone that wasn't me. I should have known better. I tell my friends not to make that amateur mistake all the time. Last night was the first time I decided to trust a stranger, now look where it's gotten me.

I tried to remember the best I could. The details were fuzzy in my mind. Maybe, it was the lack of oxygen talking. My chest burned begging to take a huge breath. I did my best not to breathe but the fire inside my lungs persisted. I struggled against him more and more hoping to break free from his grip. The urge to breathe became stronger and stronger the more time passed. I knew if I did though, I'd be dead for sure.

I broke. I gasped, desperate for air to fill my burning chest with what it desired. Instead, I  flooded my lungs with water. I coughed as much as I could, but my body tried taking in air again. It didn't help. Everything was going dark, my brain slowing down. I couldn't picture anything anymore. Couldn't think, couldn't breathe.
A calm feeling washed over my body. It was as if I was being rocked by gentle waves. I stopped struggling and let myself succumb to the calmness I felt in my chest. Why had I even tried to begin with? Of course, I'm not getting out. People like this, they never let you go.

The last thing I felt, was being thrown to the ground after my body went limp. The angry shriek of a man boomed across the room. My body shook with his voice. My blindfold became loose and dropped off of my eyes. What a shame. The last thing I'd see in my life was the bare dust-caked ceiling in a room with no windows and only one light source. Here I am, dying in a mundane room.