1

Heartless

The morning of my fathers death was when darkness rose upon the kingdom. Looking at my mum i knew it was up to me to be the next king. My father was a deceitful man at heart. Being his only son it was up to me to carry on his name and become the king he was.
Royals of all came to the funeral of my fathers. "The kingdom of Edmond is in great pity of the late king" King Zion said. I shook his hand as my mother responded. King Zion has been a acquaintance of my fathers for years now before his death. Following King Zion was another king.
Holiday Carnaryn. His wife Aylina Carnaryn has always been a friend of my mothers. Their son god bless his soul Willem passed away when he was only ten due to a brutal bear hunt. Holiday and his wife have always been a close ally during war times. "How are you holding up" Holiday asked. Not saying a word I just kept things to myself. "Like father and son he's a good man" Holiday said. "Excuse me mother" I said.
Leaving the hall of kings I went back to my chambers. Many royals from all around were scrambled about. "King Harry your mother has requested you" Greta said. Greta is my mother's hand maid along with many others that are running about. Turning around I walked up to her. "I'm the king of this place I don't take orders from scum hand maids like you" Harry spat.
Harry went into his chambers without any hesitation leaving Greta in the dust. Harry didn't have time to think before war general Reign stepped in. "King Harry a cry for help has been needed in the out land" Reign said. "Let them suffer for all we know they might want to kill us so let them die" Harry said. Reign didn't say another word before leaving his chamber.
A portrait of his late father hung above the fire place. His eyes were burning holes in his sons skull. "I'll finish what you started father" Harry said. That night Harry and his men went to a poor village to burn it to the ground. While the villagers were still sleeping he and his men lit the place up like a Christmas tree.
All the villagers died in their homes that night. Hearing the cry's of the dying were like music to the king's ears. "Great job men" Harry said. He and his men rode back to the kingdom. His father always burned down innocent villages for fun. At the age of six Harry witnessed his first burning. He's done burnings with his father up until his death.
The kingdom was sound asleep as he went back into the castle. His mother was asleep in her bed. The deceitful king could still hear the dying as he drifted off to sleep that night. He drifted off with a smile on his face knowing that he killed another village. He didn't care about the villagers he killed. That's the kind of king he was. Thanks to his father.