Chapter 17

Spidey swinged down from on top of the store container swiftly.

"Hold on Snow White," I said, "This is the most secure place on the east side, remember?"

"If we can enter it, we can exit it," he said as he entered the storage box. He rummaged through vulture guy's black duffle bag.

"Cool, it's like that glowy thing," he said inspecting an almost identical stone to the one we had found.

"That glowy thing is an explosive Chitauri energy core," said B.

"What?! Oh god, imagine if you hit it with a hammer, oh wait you did!" I cried. I stepped towards him a took it out of his hands. 

"Hey, it's not my fault! I didn't even know it was a bomb," he exclaimed.

"You're right, I'm sorry. It's not your fault," I said, calming down, "Still, how are we getting out of here?"

Spidey attempted to call Ned, but the call failed. He rushed out of the container, and I followed behind. 

"That's our answer," he said, pointing to a black box that was mounted near the concrete doors. He webbed himself up next to the box.

"Okay, we are going to need to override that time lock," he said, "Liv, can you toss me my calculator. It's in my bag."

I opened his bag, which was lying in the middle of the place, and I rummaged it until I found a scientific calculator. I powered my thrusters and I flew toward him so I could hand him his calculator.

"Are you really going to try every combination?" I asked, "They should open in a couple of hours or so, so it might not be worth it."

"Well, at least we've gotta try. An hour jump start is better than nothing," he said as he opened the black box.

---

"Initiating trial 247." The cement doors opened.

"Come on, let's go Olivia," he said. He dropped down and nudged me to wake up, even though I had never even slept. I opened my eyes to see him a little bit too close to my face than normal. 

"You actually did it?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes.

"Did you think I wouldn't do it?" He offered me his hand.

"Nope," I said simply. I took his hand and I rose up from the ground. I put on my backpack on and we left.

Spider man sung from column to column while I flew at a moderate pace. Upon arriving at the exit, we were going to wait until a truck came through but it was taking too long.

"I have an idea," I whispered, "I'll give you a ride."

"What?" he whispered back. I walked closer to him and I gave him a sort of hug.

"B, increase thruster power by 10 percent," I said. We started hovering without any problems.

"We're going to get caught," he said.

"Nah, we ain't," I said. We passed the exit at the speed of light, Spidey almost slipping out of my grip. I slowed down once we where a great distance away.

"Set up charge is going down at a significant rate," said B. We caught up with a large truck and we landed softly on it.

"See? That wasn't that bad," I whispered as I broke up the hug thing. He took out his phone once again and attempted to call Ned. 

"Hey, it's Ned, leave a message."

"Ned, call me back. The glowy thing is a bomb," he yelled into his phone.