Chapter 7

We sat on the edge of a huge skyscraper as I felt a cool breeze against my face, looking at the foggy horizon. I had taken off my goggles to enjoy the view to a full effect and Peter did so too but with his mask. After a minute or so, I placed my head on his shoulder and I closed my eyes in attempt to sleep. Although as soon as I closed my eyes, I saw Bucky aiming a gun at me. My eyes shot open and I could feel myself trembling. 

"Are you feeling cold?" Peter asked as I raised my head off of his shoulder.

"Yeah," I lied.

---

"You guys bailed on me for two whole days!"

"Ned, I got accepted to do this really cool Tony Stark internship."

"Tony Stark internship?" I asked as I knitted my eyebrows.

"Dude, that's so cool. So have you met the Avengers?" asked Ned enthusiastically.

"No, I didn't yet." Peter said.

"As for me, I went to Germany." Ned and Peter looked at me with two completely different reactions. Ned seemed confused but Peter had a 'don't-tell-Ned-we're-superheroes' look on his face.

"...to see my brother. He's in hospital." I mentally high fived myself for the good save.

"Oh, yeah, I'm sorry for that," apologized Ned.

"It's okay," I said quietly. The bell rang in the hallway which signalled my first class of the day, physics. 

"See you later Ned," said Peter.

"You're going to tell me more about the Stark Internship during lunch," said Ned closing his locker. 

"Don't worry I will," replied Peter. I waved Ned a goodbye as Peter and I walked away to our next class.

---

The day went by at a rather slow pace and the main reason was the agonizing pain I felt in my left arm. I tried my best to stay alert during all of the lessons but I could barely keep my mind focused. The only lesson that I actually took part in was German because it is an easy subject for me.

I would spend most of the German lessons discussing books and movies with Ms Roberts and an occasional student. She was my favourite teacher at Midtown because she was really chill and a really good teacher.

"Ich meine der erste war definitiv der Beste," I said as I pretended to copy the notes down Ms Roberts had written on the board.

"Ich stimme nicht zu, ich denke der zweite war der beste, weil er die Zukunft besucht," she replied back to me. 

"Ich muss Olivia zustimmen. Der erste ist einer Klassiker," said Will. He sat two desks away from me and I didn't really know him all too well since I only ever saw him during the German lessons. Will possessed nice features and he was also quite attractive. 

"Ein Klassiker," I corrected him. He rolled his eyes at me in a playful manner and I let out a shy smile. 

The lesson went on normally until the bell rang, dismissing the class. As soon as I stood up from my small desk,  Will approached me confidently.

"What class do you have now?" he asked me, placing his hand on the desk and leaning on it.

"Geometry with Mr Phillips," I said, grabbing my books off of the desk. 

"I'll walk you," he replied back instantly. We walked out of the room together and we walked towards my destination.

"Why are you walking me to class? Shouldn't you be somewhere else?" I asked him.

"I'm sure Mr Harrington won't mind," he said grinningly. I laughed lightly at his remark and I rolled my eyes playfully. Once we arrived at my stop, the second bell rung just in time, and Will turned to face me.

"So wanna grab a coffee and watch a movie sometime?" he asked me unexpectedly.  This caused my face to change colour. 

"Sure," I said. 

"See you later." With that, he left to where we came from and I entered room 107.

---

I scribbled some words onto a rough piece of paper I had on hand and I passed it to Peter. The paper read:

I know this is a little late, but want to come to my place for the night? We can do some superheroing (or whatever you call it) and we can work on our physics project

His eyes scanned the paper, reading it. He then grabbed a pencil and he wrote a response. He handed me back the piece of paper.

I'll text Aunt May

I gave him a smile and he gave me a smile back. I kept paying no attention to the teacher until the last five minutes of the lesson. I slowly packed all of my belongings into my bag while the teacher wasn't looking so when the last bell of the day rang, I could leave the class quickly. 

Peter and I were the first two to leave the classroom.

"Let's go," he said as we jogged down the almost empty hallways. We exited the school through the front door. Peter jumped over the high gate, showing off his skills while I follow behind by opening the gate and going through it. 

"Someone's getting a little bit cocky," I said as I hurried my step to keep up with Peter. He let out a grin and we continued walking.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"After school, I always get a sandwich at Delmar's. Care to join?"

"It's not like I have an option," I said light-heartedly. After walking two blocks, we arrived at Delmar's, a small deli-grocery store. We walked in and instantly, Peter greeted the bearded man as he grabbed a packet of gummy worms. 

"Peter, ¿es ella tu novia?" asked the shop owner. I realised that he was speaking in Spanish but I had no idea what he had just said. 

"No, ella es mi amiga," Peter replied back slightly embarrassed, "Get me the usual."

"What about you miss?" the owner asked me.

"I'll have what he's having," I responded. The employee started working on both our sandwiches. 

"Are you new to the domains of New York?" he asked me.

"Yep, I am."

"It's a good thing you have Peter here as your guide then." After a couple of seconds, the employee placed the two wrapped sandwiches on the counter. Peter took out his wallet but I took out a 20 dollar bill quicker and I gave it to the shop owner. I handed Peter his sandwich and I held mine in my hand.

"Thanks Liv," Peter said, "Thanks Mr Delmar."

"Thank you and have a nice day," I also said to Mr Delmar as we left the store. I quickly put my sandwich in my bag before we crossed the street. Peter and I walked into an empty alleyway he then opened his mouth to tell me something but before he did, I spoke.

"Don't worry I'll turn my back and you can change into your suit." I turned to face the way we came from. I opened my bag and I took out my converse, gloves and goggles. As I put them on, I heard Peter put on his suit. 

"Are you done, your majesty?" I ask sarcastically. 

"Yeah, I'm finished." I turned to see him fully suited up.

"Mind if I wear your black hoodie? I want to hide my identity," I said as I walked closer to him.

"Yeah. Here." He threw his black hoodie towards me and I caught it.

"Thanks." I quickly put on the hoodie to cover up the blue blouse I was wearing. I hid my bag under a dumpster while Peter webbed his onto the wall.

"Ready Spidey?" I ask him as I started hovering. 

"You bet Miss Iro- Lady Iron. You really need to work on a better name."

---

Ayy I've uploaded. I've been keeping to a schedule which is every Friday and I upload a new chapter whoop!