Chapter 13

The next day, I woke up to my brother practically jolting me awake. 

"Livia, wake up!" he said still vigorously shaking me, trying to wake me up.

"Theo, stop," I said sheepishly, rolling to the other side of the bed. Obviously, this made no difference and after, he walked to the otherside of the room and he continued to annoy me.

"Mum and dad are here," he said, "and so is Einstein."

"Einstein's here?" I asked as my eyes jerked open. Einstein is our family dog which we adopted when I was 8 years old. He's a black and white border collie.

I sat up in bed and I got out of it quicker than I have ever before.

"Finally. MUM, DAD, SHE GOT OUT OF BED," yelled Theo. 

---

"So this is it?" I asked looking at our new house. The house wasn't new at all. It was actually a house built in the 1930's, made out of bricks and it was much bigger than our home back in Munich.

"We already have the mattresses in. All we have to do now is buy the furniture and set it up," my dad said as we started walking into our house.

I loved the house. My bedroom wasn't as big as the one I had back at Tonys' but it was pretty big. I also had my own office/workshop place which was quite small but it was better than having nothing. The place also had room for a gym which I thought was neat considering at my old place I had to work-out in the garage.

---

The weekend passed by quicker than usual considering how hard we were working on the house. I felt incredibly weird on Monday because I was never used to going to school with Theo and my mum. My brother was going to online school too but my parents decided to send him to public school so he could experience a "normal" childhood. The ride to Midtown was surprisingly shorter than usual because it only took us about 25 minutes.

I was the first one in the physics lab but it didn't take long for it to start filling up with students. 

"Hey Peter," I said as he sat next to me.

"How did everything go?" he asked.

"Quite smoothly actually. We moved to a house in Forest Hills," I said just before the second bell rang.

"That's awesome." 

"Okay, okay class. Settle down," Ms Warren said.

Luckily the day went by rather fast. German was chill, english was as boring as it could get and geometry was sort of interesting. Lunchtime was quaint until Flash came to bother our table.

"So.. Olivia didn't see you at Liz's party," he said in a sly tone.

"Well I was busy with my own stuff," I retorted.

"And Peter... I guess your best friend Spiderman couldn't make it." Peter didn't respond because he was too embarrassed.

"Well that's too bad. I mean, Ms Mystic came along." Peter looked at me in confusion.

"She was really cool. Didn't get to take a picture with her though 'cos that would have made me look pretentious," he added before he left.

"You went to Liz's party?" Peter asked me.

"Yeah I did but I went there to shut down the party," I said. I knew Peter was about to ask me something but he kept his question to himself.

"Hey, I almost forgot. I have the purple stone thing, let's go take it apart in the woodshop." Ned asked a whole bunch of questions in which we didn't answer. The three of us all walked to the woodshop where we would dissect the machinery.

Peter whacked at it with a hammer and once the clamp came off, he removed a screw. 

"What is that?" asked Ned.

"I don't know, some dude tried to vaporise me with it," said Peter as I examined the device.

"The person who made this connected the stone thing to a bunch of tiny micro-processors and an inductive charging plate," I said.

"Whoever's making these weapons is obviously combining alien tech with ours," said Peter.

"That is literally the coolest sentence anyone has ever said. I just want to thank you two for-"

Peter slammed at the device and the purple stone came popping out. 

"Keep your fingers clear of the blades," the workshop teacher said.

"This thing can't be safe," I said as I twirled it in my hands.

"We can go to the lab after class and run some tests," Ned said. Peter packed everything up and we walked out of the workshop.

"First, we should put the glowy thing in the mass spectrometer," said Ned. 

"First we need a better name than glowy thing," Peter said.

"I'll check on my database if I have any information on it," I said, "I'll catch you guys later. I promised Cindy we would study together for the physics test tomorrow."

With that, I left to the library.

---

Not a huge fan of this chapter