Chapter 10

2 months later.

"Rise and shine Midtown Science and Technology."

"Students, don't forget about your homecoming tickets. Do you have a date for homecoming?"

"Thanks Jason, but I already have a date."

"Okay."

"Yup."

I rummaged through all the clutter I had in my locker, searching for a hair tie. 

"Hey, Olivia." I turned my face upwards, to find Peter.

"Oh, hi Peter," I replied, giving him a smile. I returned to my hunt while Peter opened his locker to place a couple of items in.

"Join me together, we'll build my lego death star," Ned said in a evil voice. 

"What?!" Peter exclaimed.

"A-HA!" I also exclaimed. I had found a purple hair tie in the midst of junk. I got my nose out of my locker and saw people in the hallway stare at me. I simply ignored them and I closed my locker.

"That's so cool. How many pieces?"

"3,803," Ned answered Peter. 

"That's amazing," I said, joining in on the conversation. 

"You guys want to build it tonight?"

"I can't I've got the-"

"Stark internship, yeah. And I'm guessing you do to." 

"Maybe I can convince Tony to let us off the hook early," I said glancing at Ned, "How about at 6?" 

"I don't know if Mr Stark will let me leave early," said Peter as he closed his locker.

"Don't worry, I'm sure he doesn't mind." Us three started walking towards are first class of the day.

"Hey, what's up Olivia?" I stopped abruptly as I faced Kat Samuels. She was the tall, raven-haired, pale head cheerleader at Midtown. We would have small talk all the time. Not because I wanted to, but because she insisted on it. I knew the only reason she talked to me was because of my title of Stark. 

"Hi..." I said awkwardly, "Kat."

Behind her stood her two best friends, (who also happened to be cheerleaders) Grace and Clarissa. I knew for a fact all of them were spoilt rich kids with their parents kissing their asses.

"We would like to invite you to sit at our table at lunch," said Kat fiddling with a strand of her long wavy hair.

"Oh, I'm sorry I have to go," I said after the bell rung. Peter, Ned and I continued walking.

"Oh my God, did you just reject Kat?" whispered Ned.

"Yep, I did."

---

I sat on the ledge of a block of apartments while I ate some gummy bears and I listen to some music on my black headphones. At the corner of my eye, I saw the alley's gate, the one next to the building I was on, open. I stood up and I walked to see the full alley. I saw Peter half naked, trying to put on his suit. He looked up at me and I quickly faced my head in another direction.

"Sorry," I shouted as my face started to heat up.

"It's fine," he yelled back.

I walked back to where I was sitting before but I stayed there, waiting for Peter to get fully dressed. I heard a metal clang which I knew it was his backpack being webbed to the dumpster. Seconds later he webbed himself up. 

"Ready to go buttercup?" I asked him.

 "Let's go dianthus," he replied.

"You could've called me any flower so you called me dianthus? That's really lame of you, black eyed-Susan." We both laughed before we lept into the streets of Queens.

That day was probably the most average day we ever had. We had bike theft, an old woman wanting directions and a guy trying to break into his own car. We sat in one of our usual spots with one of the best views of New York. Spidey ate his sandwich while I replayed the video of him falling to his face on my goggles. I snickered almost completely silently but he still heard me.

"What are you laughing about?" he asked, confused. 

"Oh... nothing," I said and the video automatically left from my view, "How did it go at the Decathlon thing?"

"Well, they were kind of upset I wasn't going to the national tournaments bu-"

"Wait, why aren't you going?" 

"I don't want to leave New York, just in case Mr Stark needs me and I'm in Washington answering questions about some math theorem."

"It's your call but you should totally go, I mean-" My eyes shifted to a masked group entering a bank. I nudged Spiderman with my right arm.

"Finally something good" he said. I flew down onto the street and Spidey followed. We walked together into the bank and oddly enough, the thieves were too busy to notice us. Spiderman leaned against the door while I simply crossed my arms.

"Sup guys, did you get your pin numbers?" he asked. The four guys looked up to both of us.

"Seems like the Avengers had no crime left to fight and got bankrupt," I retorted as Iron man cocked his gun to fire. Spiderman quickly webbed his gun and he used it to slap the hooligans.  Thor charged at me while Captain America was ready to punch Spidey. I dodged his attack without effort and he almost ran into the wall.

"You would think a God would be hard to defeat," I said as I punched him on the nose. He fell down to the ground, "Oh come on, you're being dramatic."  

"Ironman! Hey, why are you doing robbing a bank, you're a billionaire!" Spiderman pushed him onto Hulk, causing them to collapse to the floor. Captain America dialled a setting on his weapon and suddenly I felt as though I was in jello. 

"This feels so weird," said Spidey in a strange voice. The guy threw us backwards, right into Hulk and Thor. Captain America kept using his weird device to slam us to ceiling and to the floor. Luckily Spiderman webbed a small cabinet and he threw it at Cap.

"Come on guys let's wrap this up, it's a school night." We kept fighting the guys with no problems but they kept persisting. Hulk increased his weapon's power by a lot but he lost control over it. Before we knew it, a purple beam destroyed parts of the bank. Spiderman took a quick glance outside before leaving the bank. I ran behind him to see Mr Delmar's shop on fire.

Spidey ran inside swiftly as he called out his name. I got worried easily but fortunately both of them walked out of the shop in one piece.

"B, are the fire department and police coming?"

"Yes they're on their way."

---

I'm so glad I uploaded on time because I changed a big bulk of this chapter at the very last second.