Chapter 1

I stuffed my bags to the brim with all of my clothes and little trinkets as my parents and brother were getting ready to leave. I didn't want them to make a big fuss about my departure but naturally, they did. 

"Olivia, we're leaving soon!" yelled my mother from the living room.

"I know!" I yelled back as I zipped up my duffle bag full of clothing. I grabbed my backpack from under my desk and I put my laptop and my little robot in, which I had spent a month working on. Seconds later, my mum rushed into the room while she was putting on her dangling earrings. 

"You're still packing?"

"I just finished," I replied closing the backpack's zip swiftly.

"Let's go then." 

She walked out of the room, still putting on her earrings, and I walked to my bedroom's doorway while holding the dufflebag and the backpack. I took a quick look around my room, making sure I didn't leave anything behind. I heard the front door being unlocked, I turned and I headed to the living room. My brother was checking himself out in one of the mirrors in the room while my mum arranged my dad's hair. After a few seconds, they decided to acknowledge my existence and they stopped their actions. 

"Took you long enough to get ready, let's go!" said my brother as he walked to the front door. Once he exited the door, he let out an astonished cry. I followed him outside and the first thing I saw was a large jet on the empty lot in front of our house. I couldn't believe that was our ride. Both of my parents walked onto the small porch but none of them seemed surprised. While I was busy staring at the jet, a slightly plump man walked to the front of our house. He wore a suit and tie and had a little bit of facial hair. 

"Right this way," he said. I awkwardly nodded and I walked onto the street, my brother following behind. I kept on walking, till I reached the jet and without any hesitation, I started climbing up the jet's stairs. Once I reached the entrance, I took a deep breath, and entered the jet. It had a nicer interior than my house. I walked to the closest seat and sat on it. As I sat, my brother Theo walked in panting. He too ran to the closest seat and sat on it. Next came the man with the suit and my parents.

"We're ready to go guys," said the suit man. The jet's door automatically closed swiftly as my parents sat down. Theo looked in awe at the man.

"Who are you?" he asked, still stunned.

"Happy Hogan, Stark's Head of security."

---

"You totally cheated that round!" yelled Theo.

"No I didn't. That's just called being a smart person," I said as I slammed the cards on the table. 

"I'm sure I'll beat you next rou-"

"No more card games okay? We're arriving soon," said my dad as he took the cards out of Theo's hands. He didn't look all too happy. After a couple of minutes, the jet landed and outside was nighttime but the buildings were all still lit up. 

The door opened, and Happy stood up from his seat and walked down the stairs. I grabbed my bags and my family and I stood up and followed him. Before us stood Stark tower, one of New York's most iconic buildings and next to Happy, stood Tony Stark, my uncle. We made our way down to the ground together and my mum was the first to greet Tony.

"Ellie, how are you doing?" he asked as he gave her a brief hug. 

"Fine, not that you really care," she said as she smiled at him. Tony then gave my father a short handshake followed by ruffling Theo's already messy hair. Lastly, he gave me a brief handshake.