Chapter 9

Rain Droplets trickled down my room's giant windows and a grey cloudy sky was visible over a beautiful skyline. I spent two whole minutes contemplating if I should get out of bed but my line of thought was disturbed by yodels. I slowly rose out of bed and I followed the yodelling to my bedside table. The song came out of Peter's phone and it so happened to be his ringtone. Displayed on his phone was a picture of a brown haired woman wearing a pair of glasses. The picture was taken really close to her face,  almost to an uncomfortable degree. The caller's name was Aunt May, which I assumed was Peter's aunt.

"Peter, you're aunt's calling," I said as I nudged him to wake up. He groaned and he tightened his grasp on the pillow he was hugging. I laughed lightly and I attempted to steal the pillow out of his embrace.

"No, leave my pillow alone," he said moaning as I tugged harder on it. I eventually got hold of the pillow, and as soon as I did, I threw it onto the floor. Peter quickly stood upright on the bed and answered the phone call.

"Hey May," he said. Meanwhile, I walked across the room and I retrieved the pillow I had thrown. As Peter was talking to his aunt, I threw it back to him forcefully and he fell back onto the bed with it's impact. He stood in that position until his conversation with his aunt ended. 

Peter hurled the pillow back to me and I caught it using both hands. 

"Breakfast?" I asked sweetly him as I approached him. I hid the pillow behind my back in secrecy.

"Always." He stood out of bed, only to be hit again by my trusty pillow. I burst out laughing but Peter wasn't having it.

"It. Never. Gets. Old," I said in between outbreaks of laughter. Peter pouted sadly and he knitted his eyebrows. Once I cooled down, I grabbed his forearm and I hauled him out of bed. 

---

I loaded the dishwasher with the plates we used for breakfast while Earth, Wind & Fire was playing in the background. I hummed to the melody of the song and so did Peter but a little bit quieter. While I cleaned the table, the music stopped and Tony walked into the kitchen.

"Last time I heard that I was in a club in Vegas, late 80s," he said while he walked to the table, "I used to meet a lady friend or two"

"Ew, stop," I said quickly as I stopped cleaning. I knew my uncle was renowned for sleeping around but I didn't want to get the details. Starks always have been known for two things; being geniuses and having a party animal lifestyle. For some reason, my grandfather and Maria popped into my head. The thought instantly made me gloomier.

"Hey, um-Tony I want to talk to you about something. Peter do you mind?" I asked him gently. Peter turned serious but he nodded. I wasn't really thinking when I said it but it sort of just left my mouth.

"I'll be in your room," he said before he left.

"So..?" Tony crossed his arms.

"Well um-I-I saw this video," I said as my heart pounded quicker in my chest. I was uncertain if telling him was the best thing to do. I knew he didn't have the best relationship with Howard but he did have a good one with Maria. I wasn't mentally ready to tell what I had seen but I pushed through it. Tony looked slightly puzzled yet he seemed concerned.

"Um-it was a-Barnes," I felt a huge lump in my throat and my eyes were almost forcing me to cry, "he shot Howard and Mar-" 

I couldn't stare into his eyes. At that moment, I regretted everything so I simply didn't speak. 

"How do you know?" he asked. I shifted my eyes onto his, and I noticed he had tears in his eyes.

"The day of the fight, I was sent," I took a deep breath while I felt tears trickle down my face, "I was sent the video."

"I saw it too," he said in a hushed tone. Hurt radiated all over his face and that made me wish I hadn't brought up the subject.

"I'm sorry I shoul-"

"It's okay. It's nice knowing you would have told me if I didn't know,"  he said.

"Are we or you going to tell mum?" I asked faintly.

"We'll tell her eventually."

"Thanks, Tony. I'm sorry." I went for a hug which is not something I usually do, but at that moment, I felt like I needed one. I pulled back after couple of short seconds. I didn't know if Tony felt uncomfortable or awkward or even both.

"Let's go for a ride," he said looking back at me. I nodded my head in response.  

Tony and I went to the elevator and went down to the garage. We walked through various cars until we reached an old black ferrari convertible. The car was probably worth 10 times my house back home.

"This is my pride and joy, the crème de la crème of cars. My 1961, Ferrari California Spyder," he said as he opened the passengers' door. I sat on the passengers' seat and Tony closed the door. He walked behind the car to sit on the drivers' seat and before I knew it, we were already on the road. Luckily, the rain had stopped. Tony halted the car as soon as we where outside, since we were blocked by a black van. Paparazzi surrounded us as though we were their food and almost instantly, they started yelling out questions and unnecessary comments. Tony handed me a pair of aviator-like glasses with red-orange tinted lens and I put them on to avoid the flash that came from the large cameras.

"Mr Stark, is this your daughter you've been hiding?" one of them asked. Tony didn't respond but he got out of the car and he walked to the van in front of us. While he spoke to the driver, the paparazzi told me to "smile" or to clarify what my connection to Tony was. I ignored them and I shielded my face using my left hand. Fortunately, Tony came back so the focus wasn't on me anymore. The black van moved out of the way and we swiftly followed behind. 

"Sorry about that Liv," he said. 

"It's fine," I replied. 

The whole car ride was completely silent. It was not too awkward but it wasn't too pleasant. I knew he wanted to take me somewhere in particular so I decided not to ask any questions. We went to Queens which reminded me of Peter, so I sent him a text explaining what was happening. He responded in a matter of minutes, saying it was ok.

Fifteen minutes past by and we where in the park were the Stark Expo took place. I was here once before when I was an eight year old and I came to see the opening of it.

"Why'd you bring me here?" I asked as we strolled down an empty walkway. It was strange to see it almost completely empty since I was used to seeing it jam packed with people.

"I thought this would be the perfect place to have a Stark-to-Stark conversation," he said, "By the way, you look extra crisp in those sunglasses."

"Thanks," I muttered.

"Well, you know, eventually you'll probably take over the company," My heart stopped. I never really thought about taking over the company. I wasn't  technically the heir because my mum was, but I knew she'd never do it. She liked living a simple life with a simple home and a simple family, but nothing about being a Stark was simple. 

"Wow that is-," I became speechless, "Stark industries will be mine?"

"Yeah, it will someday, and if you work hard enough I'll ask Fury to consider you for the Avengers."

I felt as though my eyes were about to pop out of their place and my mouth opened unconsciously. I was even more speechless then I was before.

---

Just a little heads up, in the next chapter there will be a 2 month jump. ALSO, I will be writing a separate book that takes place during those 2 months. (the chapters won't be correlating to each other, it will simply be a collection of stories)

Ohh and.. the trailer for Infinity War has come out and I'm SO pumped. Can't wait to see it!

Also tysm for 200+ reads! I really appreciate it <3