Chapter 3

As I arrived in Stark tower, I normally would have gone to the 91st floor and I would have gone to my room and started my work but I didn't. I went to the 80th floor to work on Spiderman's new suit. As I pressed on the elevator's button, a small camera above the door scanned my face and the elevator continued. 

After a couple of seconds, the doors opened to unveil the most beautiful room I had ever seen. It was my uncle's work space and it had iron man suits in a large glass showcase. I walked in and I examined the room. In the middle of the room was a huge metallic desk surrounding a leather desk chair.  As I sat on the chair, computers came out of the desks and a female voiced AI started talking to me.

"Good Afternoon Ms Lane-Stark, how was your day at school?" The voice sounded extremely natural as though it was an actual human.

"It was good. Shall we get started on the suit?" I asked the AI.

"Of course Ms Lane-Stark."

"Call me Olivia and what's your name?" I asked.

"Mr Stark calls me Friday," the AI replied.

"Can you tell me where the suit is Friday?"

"It's right over here," she said as the suit came out of the desk. The colours were similar to his current suit, but the material was completely different. I opened it carefully to reveal many circuits and expensive wiring. I found the USB port and I connected it to my laptop with a chord I had running around in my bag. I opened my programing software to find an AI and a running program.

"Looks like Tony has already created something here," I said as I opened a subsystem.

"Incoming call from Tony Stark, shall I accept?"

"Yep, go ahead Friday."

"Hey kiddo, just wanted to check up on you," he said. We were video calling and I could see that he was walking in some sort of European country.

"What exactly do you want me to do to this suit? It already has a program and an AI," I said as I explored the program.

"Get creative, create some new elements to the suit and I need you to restrict the complex options because the guy's still a kid," he said as he stopped walking. 

"Okay then, I'll get to work."

"Oh, and before I forget, you can update your stuff as well." This took me by surprise.

"What? How do you-" The call cut. Before I did anything else, I started working on Spiderman's suit. 

---

After six hours of programming, getting ideas, inserting new elements to the suit and listening to my music playlist, I was done. I felt buzzed and weirdly energized even though I didn't have a single sip of coffee. The words of my uncle kept repeating themselves in my brain. I wasn't sure if he'd knew or not. I grabbed my iron gloves out of my backpack and I upgraded all of the physical components. I changed the almost rusty iron to a similar but sturdier metal which was lying around in Tony's office.

An hour later, I was in a Target, in the middle of the night. I listened to a couple of upbeat songs so I could stay awake while I walked through every aisle in search for some goggles. I happened to walk through the kid's toy section where I found a pair of minion goggles but I kept on searching for a proper pair. Later on, I stumbled upon a pair of motorcycle goggles which were a perfect fit and they looked cool. 

I paid for them and went back home as fast as I could, using the subway. At that point, it was already 1am and the subway car was almost completely empty except for two drunk middle aged women. 

After a tedious three hours, I was done with my project. I upgraded my gloves and I added the same AI Tony had; onto my setup which consisted of the gloves, the goggles and my special converse shoes. I tested out my setup and it was nothing like I had ever experienced. I felt like a proper superhero with the goggles. I felt this was a much needed revamp since my gear was battered. I was known in Germany as "Der maskierte Held" or "The masked hero". I used to go around and help people nearby my home and I always wore a plastic ball mask. My parents knew and they put some restrictions on my "heroing".

"Good job on finishing task; get kid to refine their own suit, Olivia," I sighed. Of course Tony had known.

"Okay Friday, from now on I will be calling you B, okay?" I said.

"Good name choice Olivia."

"Why, thank you B," I said as I put on my converse, "Okay B, enable indoor flying mode for now."

"Activated" she replied.  I stood up from the chair I was sitting on and I pressed both of the buttons which were located on both of my gloves. The thrusters on the gloves and on the converse started to work and I hovered slightly above the ground.

"B, it's go time." The windows opened automatically, and I flew out of the building at a slow speed. I looked down at my feet to see a huge drop. I felt my legs shake slightly but luckily, the suit held my weight. 

"Where are we off to Olivia?" asked B as I increased the thruster's speed.

"Just a little test drive, nothing special." With that, I already was flying at a high speed. I flew higher until I reached the top of Stark Tower and then, I dipped down to the pavement in a couple of seconds. I couldn't believe how better the setup had gotten. If I had done that a week ago, I would have been dead. People gasped as I landed on the concrete and some of them recorded me with their phone. 

"How about we go to the nearest sushi place?" I asked B as a stood up from the landing. 

"Sounds good Olivia." The goggles marked my way to the sushi place and I took off again. The flight was very brief since the sushi place was close. I stopped flying and I entered the establishment. 

"Sorry, but we're cl-" The waiter stopped mid-sentence and he just stared at me.

"Can't you make a single to go box? I'm starving," I said. The waiter said nothing and he nodded. He ran off into the kitchen.

15 minutes later, I was sitting on top of Stark Tower as I tried to use chopsticks. Once I completely squashed the sushi roll, I put down the chopsticks and used my hands.

---

Re-edited whoop