Chapter 20

"Previously on Peter and Olivia screws the pooch..I tell you to stay away from this. Instead, you go behind my back and hack a multimillion-dollar suit so you two could sneak around doing the one thing I told you not to do." I turned, to see my Uncle in his suit. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself from all of the anxiety I was feeling.

"Is everyone okay?" I ask quickly.

"No thanks to you two," he replied, his voice cold.

"No thanks to us?" Peter turned and stood up from the ledge, "Those weapons were out there, and I tried to tell you about it but you didn't listen. None of this would've happened if you had just listened to me."

Peter walked towards Tony and I.

"I'm sorry, Tony," I muttered quietly.

"If you even cared, you'd actually be here," continued Peter. Ironically, Tony came out of his iron man suit. Peter looked stunned for a couple of seconds.

"I did listen, kid. Who do you think called the FBI, huh? Do you know I was the only one who believed in two you. Everyone else said I was crazy to recruit two 14-year-old kids."

"I'm fifteen-"

"No, this is where you zip it, all right? The adult is talking. What if somebody had died tonight? Different story, right? Because that's on you. And if either of you died," he paused briefly, "I feel like that's on me and I don't need that on my conscience."

"Tony it was-" I tried to apologize even more but I was cut off.

"Another word from you little miss mystic and your equipment goes straight to damage control, got it?" he said slightly more aggressive than I was used to. I nodded my head hesitantly.

"As for you Mr Parker, I'm gonna need the suit back," said Tony.

"For how long?" asked Peter quickly.

"Forever."

"No, no. Please. Please, this is all I have," begged Peter, "I'm nothing without this suit."

"If you're nothing without this suit, then you shouldn't have it, okay?" Peter looked mortified, "God, I sound like my dad."

"I don't have any other clothes."

"Okay, we'll sort that out."

---

"Hey Peter, wait up," I said as I ran up to him. He stopped walking and turned towards me. He was wearing a 'I survived my trip to nyc' t-shirt and hello kitty pajama pants.

"I'm sorry," he said, tears forming in his eyes.

"For what? It was equal parts our fault," I said, my eyes on his.

"No, it was my fault and I shouldn't have dragged you into the situation."

"No, Peter-"

"You could have gotten your suit taken away because of me," he said, now avoiding my gaze.

"I don't care if my suit gets taken away. All I care is that everyone is safe," I took his hand into my grasp. He looked down at our hands, interlocked with each other.

"And I risked it all- I risked everyone's safety even though Tony told us not to go after him."

"But you had the right intentions," I continued.

"I'm sorry Liv," he said softly. He let go of my hand and continued walking to his apartment. My cheeks blushed in embarrassment and I instantly regretted making that small move on him. Even though it wasn't a whole lot, it meant a lot to me.

The next day was the most unsettling day I've had at Midtown. It wasn't an awful day but I felt strange throughout it. In the morning, Peter and I got called to the principal's office. Luckily we weren't suspended or expelled. Once he was done speaking to us, we left the principal's office.

"Olivia, once again I'm really sorry," Peter apologized again as we were walking to our lockers.

"You have to stop apologizing so much because it's not your fault," I said. This time, he didn't continue apologizing but he gave me a kind look and a small smile. I felt my heart melting in my chest and I couldn't help giving him a shy smile back.

---

The next week or so had the same sort of routine. I'd go to school, go home, do homework, meet up with Ned and Peter, rinse and repeat. It was all so unusual to me that I felt as though I hadn't touched my Ms Mystic setup in months. I wasn't sure if I liked having a break from being a superhero or if I really despised it.

On the Friday of that given week, after school, Peter and I went out for some ice-cream. We walked it all the way to my favourite ice-cream parlour.

"What would you like to order?" asked the friendly looking guy at the counter. Peter looked at me, waiting for my response.

"I'll have two scoops of cookie dough," I said examining the display of ice-creams.

"I'll take one rocky road and another vanilla, thanks," he said. He took out his wallet out of his back pocket. 

"Your total is seven dollars and ten cents," said the cashier. Peter quickly took out a ten dollar and he handed it to the cashier.

"Thanks," I said, giving Peter a small smile. 

"It's no problem Liv," he said, grinning back at me. The other employee handed Peter and I our ice-creams and we left the small shop.  As we walked to Juniper valley park, we ate small spoonfuls of ice-cream.

When we arrived, we sat down on a small bench under a huge oak tree. I placed my backpack on the bench and I rested my back onto the bench. It wasn't the most comfortable seat in all of Queens but the environment instantly made me forget about it.

"What a beautiful way to end a boring week," I said, "Ice-cream and a quaint park in the middle of New York."

"Yeah, it's weird not doing the whole superhero thing," he said. Peter ate his last spoonful of ice-cream. After I finished mine, I took his empty cup and I tossed both of ours in a nearby trash can. I sat back down on the bench, birds chirping in the distance.

"So um- Olivia, are you going to homecoming?" Peter asked. I looked back at him, with his hair slightly untidy.

"Oh, well I'm not a huge fanatic of dances and since nobody asked me- I don't think I'm going."

"Um.. you wanna- go with me?" he asked softly. I felt my cheeks redden instantly.

"Yeah, I would like that," I replied with a shy smile.

"Cool," he said. He slid his hand into mine and gave it a little squeeze. 

"Cool."