Chapter 18

"OLIVIA JUNE LANE-STARK, YOU BETTER EXPLAIN YOURSELF!"

My mother yelled so loud, that Asgardians could probably hear her. Dad had a stern look on his face while Theo looked bored. 

"I'm sorry, okay? Didn't you see the news?" I asked as I plopped down onto the coach.

"Oh, we've seen it alright. You almost plummeted to your death and you went off with Spider Man," said dad.

"Do you even know who he is? He could be a creepy murderer for all you know."

"I know who he is, mum. We actually met through the mission thing I did for Tony," I explained. My brother's face lit up.

"You know SPIDER MAN?! THAT'S SO COOL!" He jumped down next to me and he grabbed me by the shoulders and shook me lightly.

"Who is he?! Who is he?! Who is he?! Who-"

"I can't just reveal his identity," I said.

"PLEEEEEEEEASE!"

"Theo, that's enough. Olivia, we're not going to ground you but keep out of danger honey, okay?" my mum said.

"Fine.."

---

"This past weekend, Midtown's academic decathlon team defeated the country's best to win the national championship. Later that day, they also defeated death."

"Hey Peter, good day huh?" I said as we crossed each other in the hallway. He gave me a huge smile. We walked down the stairs together and we met with Ned.

"Man, what's it like be famous and nobody knows it's you?" he asked.

"It's crazy," Peter whispered back.

"Should we tell everyone?" Ned whispered.

"There is no way in hell," I whispered. 

"Why not? Should I tell them?" Ned asked again.

"No Ned," said Peter.

"Okay, well come on we gotta go to class," said Ned.

"I'm not going to class," Peter said.

"Why? We have a test," I said, giving him a tentative look.

"Yeah, dude. You'll get in so much trouble," Ned continued.

"Listen, I figured it out right? The wing suit guy is stealing from damage control and when he takes from damage control, that's how he makes the weapons. All we gotta do is catch him," Peter explained.

"Peter, we can't just drop out of school because of that guy. Being a-" I began to whisper, "superhero is not a full time job."

"I am so beyond high school right now," Peter said before he walked off. Since I didn't want him to get into trouble, I walked after him.

"Wait Peter, you can't do this," I said. Before I knew it, we were standing right infront of the principle.

"Mr Parker, Ms Lane-Stark. My office, now."

---

I had never even gotten detention in my life; mostly because I was never the type to break rules and I attended an online school for most of my life. Funny thing was, it wasn't even my fault. It was Peter's. After school had finished, we went to the history classroom; where detention was held. 

A video of Captain America was playing on an old television and I couldn't help smile about it. I looked at Peter and he looked back at me and mouthed something to me. I couldn't understand what he was trying to tell me so I mouthed back a 'what'. He abruptly stood up from his seat and he dragged me along with him.