Chapter 12

Sweat trickled down my forehead as I kicked the punching bag as hard as I could, and Childish Gambino's Sweatpants played in the background. I punched the punching bag with all my might time after time. It was 7.30, and Peter and Ned were probably already at the party. Even though they wanted me to come, I refused and I told them I was uncomfortable going. That wasn't a full lie, but I wasn't uncomfortable going to parties, but I would have been going to that one.

I didn't want to see Peter trying to impress Liz with his Spiderman suit and I definitely didn't want to see Liz thrilled to have Spiderman at her party. I continued going at the punching bag until B informed me that Peter was calling.

"Oh god," I mumbled, "Go ahead and answer it B."

"Peter, what's up?" I asked.

"You won't believe this but I saw this crazy huge explosion and I'm going to check it out," he said, slightly out of breath.

"I'll be there in a bit," I replied, taking off my boxing gloves.

"Wait, where shall we meet?" he asked me.

"Don't worry, I got it all under control."

---

"Peter is 1 mile south," B said.

"Jesus, this place is really out of town," I complained as I continued flying over a golf course.

"Peter seems to be on the move would you-"

"Just take me straight to him," I interrupted. The goggles showed directions in red.

"The fastest route is shown."

"Thanks B." I followed the red arrows and soon enough, I was in a suburban street. A white van sped through and behind it trailed Spiderman, webbed to the van's bumpers. I lowered closer to the ground as the van turned harshly and once I got close enough to the van, I got hit with it's back door. The ripped off door dragged me off to the ground and on the landing, I stood on the door.

"Feet thrusters have completely stopped working," B told me.

"Damn, is there any chance you could recover them," I said as I started to run after the van.

"I'm afraid, it's a physical error that needs to be replaced."

"Use maximum energy on the gloves," I said. The gloves suddenly switched on to full power which caused me to almost fall to my face. I hurriedly placed my hands facing the ground which caused me to hover unsteadily. I started moving speedily considering how I was only running on half of my normal amount of thrusters.

I flew faster and faster until I reached the white van. The van turned yet another harsh turn which caused Spiderman to ram into three dumpsters and a mailbox made out of bricks.

"Thrusters are over heating," B said as I got closer to Spidey. He tried webbing himself to the van's other door but it detached itself from the van. I stumbled onto the ground next to Spiderman due to the fact that my thrusters stopped working completely.

"Shit, I don't know what's wrong with my suit," I said. I blew on my thrusters, trying to cool them down.

"Let's go, we can take a short cut." He ran to a house, jumped over their gate swiftly and he slid off of the car he landed on. I attempted to follow him but I had to climb the gate with not a lot of grace. I continued to run to see two guys playing ping pong in their garage.

"Hey guys, good game, have fun," said Spidey as he passed through.

"Sorry," I added as I continued to run. A dog ran up to Spiderman and he threw the little guy a stick. I turned my thrusters back on and luckily they worked. I continued to follow him as he sung from tree to tree, until he ended up crashing into a small shed made out of metal. He then kept moving forward and I just simply followed above him. After he crashed into a brick oven, he landed into another house's backyard where a small camping tent stood. The two little girls in the tent screamed with terror since Spiderman's eyes were bugged. I suddenly also fell onto the ground but it was because my thrusters overheated again.