Chapter 15

We walked atop the hotel's rooftop in the dead of night. The view of DC was absolutely gorgeous  especially at night. Peter removed his t-shirt to reveal his suit. Meanwhile, I started putting on my setup. Once Peter put on the mask, an AI started speaking. 

"Good evening, Peter. Congratulations on finishing the training wheels protocol and gaining all of your suits full capabilities," it said.

"umm.. thank you," Spidey said awkwardly.

"Seems like we have the same AI. Oh and I totally forgot to congratulate you on finishing the protocol. I was unaware you did that ," I said sarcastically. 

"Oh, why thank you my fair lady," he replied. I rolled my eyes playfully before putting on my goggles. 

"Stark AI nearby, shall I connect?" B asked me.

"Sure," I said, "What's the plan?"

"I put a tracker on the dude that's working for bird guy," said Spider man, putting his backpack back on. Instantly, the coordinates showed themselves on my goggles.

"Let's go." He ran, swung and he webbed himself onto a large truck. I followed behind, using my thrusters for flight. I landed in front of him and the truck drove out of the central part of DC. Luckily, it didn't take that long and we were already in the outskirts of town. 

"100 meters from destination enclosing. Jump now," said B in my ear. Spider man jumped down swiftly into a somersault, only to be followed by me.

"Detecting three individuals," said B as we ran behind  a couple of bushes. 

"Who the hell has a secret lair in a gas station?" I asked mockingly.

"Apparently these guys do," said Spidey, he jumped up onto the gas stations' sign and he squatted down, "What are they doing?"

"Activating enhanced reconnaissance mode," said his AI out of nowhere. I heard the dudes in the parked van talking quite clearly.

"Wow, they're in a middle of a heist," said Spidey, "I'm going to get a lil closer to see what's happening."

"Would you like me to engage enhanced combat mode?" his AI said. 

"No, no, no," I said hurriedly.

"Why not?" he asked me.

"It's a feature which I sort of regret adding. 'Enhanced combat mode' is another term for instant kill," I explained. 

"Oh, no, no, no. I don't need instant kill," he also said quickly. He leapt forward and he webbed another the gas station sign. Instead of swinging, he fell face first to the floor. I covered my mouth before bursting with laughter.

"Looks like someone skipped on the training wheels protocol," I said with my voice muzzled.

"What the hell just happened? What was that?" he asked, really confused. He shot at the gas station sign once more and a number of small webs formed on it. 

"What's wrong with my web shooters?" he asked hastily. He hid himself behind one of the gas station pumps.

"Rapid fire is the default for enhanced combat mode. You really didn't pay attention to the  training wheels protocol, didn't you?" I said still hidden behind the bushes.

"Why would rapid fire be the default?" he asked.

"Would you like to see more options? You have 576 possible web-shooter combinations," his AI said. 

"Wow, you've really got a lot of free time on your hands," he told me.

"All in one night buttercup," I said, suddenly very proud of myself. 

"Which combination should I choose?" he asked me.

"How about, 417," I said, trying not to laugh. He tried shooting at the sign again but all of it's lights went crazy. He stood in the middle of the gas station, trying to figure out how to stop it.

"What the hell was that?"

"Taser webs," I replied simply.

"I don't want taser webs."

"You take that back!" I flew up and I landed on top of the gas stations' roof and Spidey climbed up, shortly later.

"Liv can you just fix it?" he asked me, slightly annoyed.

"Sure thing. Choose combination 001." He looked at me and his eyes narrowed. At the corner of my eye, three huge trucks drove on the road.

"Oh, that's him," he said. The large winged figure in the sky flew down closer to one of the trucks. Peter webbed down and he swung through the nearby trees and I just flew after the winged guy who was inside one of the trucks. As I arrived he jumped out of the truck's interior and Spidey webbed his duffle bag out of his hands. 

"Aye, big bird. This doesn't belong to you," Spidey said. The vulture guy faced us,"Oh god."

He moved back and put his wings on and flew towards us. Both of us dodged his attack and I quickly shot back with one of my repulsors but he also dodged it. Spider man tried webbing him but his webbing came out in short stands.

"What was that?!" he yelled.

"I don't know," I replied quickly. Vulture pushed me backwards and I fell straight into the truck with a thud. I tried recollecting myself and I stood up. Seconds later, Spidey fell a hard fall on me. My muscles started throbbing with pain. He quickly tried to recollect himself but as soon as he jumped up, the mass shifter was gone and he hit his head hard on the ceiling. 

---

Shit is getting intense