Chapter 8

As I sped up higher into the sky, I felt a breeze go through my hair. The city stood below me and so did the swinging Spiderman. 

"B, connect me to him," I said as I slowed down.

"You are now connected." I stopped going higher and I stood in a stationary place.

"What's the plan Spidey?" I asked as I spot him swinging from one building to another. 

"Wow, I thought Mr Stark only could use the intercom thing," he said before stopping to look towards me.

"Well, not really. I basically use the same AI he uses."

"That's so coo- ooh I see a pair of goonies sneaking into an apartment." I  flew down quickly in Peter's direction. As I got closer, I could clearly see two men climbing a building.

"Okay, we need a strateg-" Spiderman swung into the building and I could hear immediate rattling and a loud yelp.

"Or we could do that," I mumbled. I flew in through the narrow window to find Spidey with a grey lampshade covering his head and as soon as I saw him, a laugh escaped my mouth. I landed on the floor and both burglars looked at my way. One of them charged at me with a punch. I quickly dodged his attempt at an attack but as soon as I did, Spiderman webbed both of my hands together.

"Spidey, why you do that?" I asked. I turned slightly to see him in my field of vision and he was still sporting the lampshade. As I was about to chuckle again, I got tackled down from the behind. I faced up as fast as I could and I tried avoiding the guy's attacks but I failed. I groaned with pain after his final blow. 

Without hesitation, I stood back up to fight. Spiderman was trying to keep up with both burglars without wearing the lampshade. I walked next to the dinner table and I shredded the webbing.

"B, prepare the tasers," I said as I rolled back my shoulders. Neither of the burglars realised I was still up and standing so I crept behind the taller one while Spidey knocked out the other dude. I struck him with strong voltage and he fell to the ground in pain.

"Stay here, I'll go ahead and check if anyone is in the apartment," I said to Spiderman. He nodded his head and I walked down the hallway. It was a rather large apartment with many rooms and it seemed to be well kept.

"Anyone here?" I yelled, "I'm here to help and so is Spiderman."

I heard someone shift their weight in the room I was near, so I entered and it was a kids bedroom, full of clutter and toys lying about. 

"It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you. The bad guys have been taken care of." The white wardrobe's door opened a little bit to reveal a man holding his two daughters. 

"Spidey, I found a man and two little girls, is everything alright on your end?" I said not moving closer to the three.

"Umm.. I have a little problem. One of them set fire to the living room carpet and I can't put it out because it's gotten too big." The fire alarm set off as soon as he finished speaking.

"Okay, you can evacuate the other guy and I'll take care of these three. B, notify the fire department."

The father of the girls got out of the wardrobe still holding onto his daughters. He was in his forties and he stood about 7 inches taller than me. 

"Is there anyone else in this apartment?" I asked calmly.

"No, it's just us." He looked extremely fearful and panicked but he held his voice together.

"Ok, perfect. We should probably leave now." I walked up to the window and I opened it fully. I walked back next to the guy and I have him a weird and awkward hug. 

"B, increase thruster power by 30 percent," I mumbled. We started hovering with no problem and in a matter of seconds, we were flying on top of the streets of Queens. I flew down and I landed on the pavement with no problems. I let go of the awkward hug and I saw a couple of people filming me with their phones.

"Thank you so much," the guy said, hugging his children tighter. 

"No problemo," I said before taking off again.

"Spidey, is everything okay?" I asked as I flew back up.

"I'm doing just fine," he said, clearly out of breath. I flew up to the higher levels, knocking on the glass windows and checking if anyone else wasn't out of their appartment.

"One heat signature has been detected." The goggles showed a silhouette of a small dog on the level below me. 

"I'm on it," I said hovering down and opening the window. I entered the flat from a room full of boxes of junk. I rushed to the door and I opened it quickly. A small golden retriever wearing a pale blue collar entered the room I was in so I bent down and I grabbed him. The puppy whimpered in my hands as I glided down and then, I handed it to it's owner. The owner thanked me endlessly but after a hug, I left the scene. 

"Are you done?" I asked Spiderman as I ascended.

"Yeah, I'm all done." I spotted him swinging from building to building.

"Pizza and a movie?" I asked.

"You don't even have to ask."

---

We sat comfortably on the huge couch in my uncle's livingroom while watching Star Trek. I had my head placed on Peter's shoulder until Tony interrupted us. He walked in with Happy and he stopped the movie.

"Hey, what was that for?" I asked, lifting my head up. I turned to see him sporting a fading black eye.

"Good job setting a whole building on fire," he said sarcastically. I stood up from the couch and I turned to face him.

"Wow, thanks for the self-confidence boost."

"I'm just saying, you could have easily called me to help," he said, "good job kid."

"Thanks," I replied, "Peter helped."

I sat back down and I hit play on the remote. Tony and Happy left in a heartbeat and Peter and I returned to watching the movie and eating pizza. 

---

After we finished watching the movie, we started working on our Physics project in the living room. Soft music played in the background while I read some articles on my laptop.

"Pascal seems like he would have been a douche irl," I said scrolling down the wikipedia page.

"Most physicists are douches," Peter replied laughingly.

"Okay, so how shall we continue it?" I asked.

"How about- Pascal, still in his teens, mystically constructed a mechanical calculator capable of addition and subtraction," he said. I stopped to think about what he'd just said. I liked the word mystical all too much.

"Peter you're a genius! I could be Mysti- Ms Mystic instead of Iron lady or whatever I called myself."

"Thanks?" he said confused. 

"It's perfect!" I said loudly.

"I think that's enough work for one day," he said, rubbing his eyes. I nodded in agreement so we rode the elevator to the floor I stayed at. We walked into my room and I handed him a pair of plaid pajama pants and a generic grey t-shirt. He changed in my bathroom while I got a single mattress in my room. Once I entered back into my room with the mattress, he was there, already dressed. He helped me place the mattress next to my bed and during the process, I checked him out unintentionally. My t-shirt was a little tight on him which made his toned arms and his defined abdomen visible. I felt the heat rise in my face so I quickly stopped staring.

 After a minute or so of chatting, we went to bed. This time, I slept on the floor and he slept on the bed.

---

I'm super excited for future chapters!