Chapter Forty-Seven

As Crissa entered her dormitory room, she saw Trisha this time sitting at her desk, and in what appeared to be a heated conversation on her smartphone.

"No, Robby!  I can't live under those conditions. You either trust me . . . or you don't!  I can't just stay here in my room and study . . . twenty-four seven. I mean, Jesus!"

Crissa quietly passed by her roommate who seemed completely oblivious to her presence."

"I don't care!  I'm going out with some new friends, that's all. It's Saturday night tomorrow, if you haven't noticed."

Crissa tried to act busy with her books and clothes to not appear to be eavesdropping.

"Go out yourself, then.  I don't mind if you do. We knew this was going to be difficult. But neither of us are in prison, Robby."

Crissa looked over and Trisha and their eyes met briefly.

"Fine then, Robby. Think what you want . . . I'm going  to that party tomorrow night. I don't care what  you say."

She then clicked off her phone, and for Crissa's sake, gave her middle finger to the device as she threw it on her bed.

"Asshole!"  She concluded.

Crissa turned and faced her open closet, not sure whether to smile or keep a serious expression on for Trisha's sake.

"What do you think about him, Crissa?" Trisha asked. "He acts like I'm going to start screwing every guy here on campus. God, no trust!  No respect!"

"Yeah, I can see this is going to be difficult for you both," Crissa answered diplomatically.

"He says I shouldn't go to the party tomorrow night. Just because I told him it seemed like a good one . . . with lots of people . . . and maybe a lot of drinking."

"So, if you two have been together so long, Trish . . . why would he not  trust you?"

"Because he's an idiot!  A typical jealous, possessive jerk  sometimes. And it looks like he'll always be that way while I'm up here and he's in San Diego!"

"Well, he can't really expect you to be a hermit  up here. I mean . . ."

"How about a nun!  That's more like what he's expecting, isn't it?   Like I can't even talk  to guys. Jesus!  I'm a big girl, Crissa. I can handle myself with these losers. Guys who are always on the make. He just gives me no credit for that! There's no trust there!"

"Yeah. He seems pretty unreasonable." Crissa walked across to Trisha's side of the room to comfort her more. "Do you really think it's because he doesn't . . ."

"No. It's mainly about . . . the drinking."

"Oh."

"See. I'm a freak about exercise and diet. . . and I think you know that about me now."

"Yeah, OK."

"And so, I'm not really used to alcohol. I mean, my system can't take it. And that actually got me into this trouble. This shit I'm having with Robby right now."

"Well how so?

"Long story. But you should know. See, once we went to this party together. Everyone was getting really drunk. I don't remember much of it, but I guess I ended up sitting on some guys lap. Well, actually, he  pulled be on top of him.  And then he managed to kiss me  on the lips before I could get away from him."