Chapter 45: Won't Forget

CHRISTINA

Everyone's told me that I'll never be safe. That I'll always have a constant target on my back. And maybe I will. Maybe I'll never be able to escape the things that are destined to happen. Or maybe I can change everything. Yet when you know what you are destined for, and you do everything in your power to change it, you only force your destiny even more. And that's what I did. I knew what was going to come and the more I tried to change it the more it became real. The more it took from me. The more I lost. The more I suffered.

I run down the street not knowing where I am. My body is numb as is my mind. But I have to push past it. My sweat and tears mix with the blood that nearly covers me entirely. I quickly find a corner where I can check myself. I scan my body looking for cuts or wounds but nothing. There's nothing. My skin in untouched except for the blood that I'm soaked in. It's not my blood. It's not mine.

Two weeks earlier

I lay on my bed contemplating on whether or not to get up. I finally decide to take a shower. Standing in the warm water, I don't move. I take in deep breaths letting the water droplets roll off of my skin.

"Babe?" Grayson says causing me to jump.

"You scared me" I say poking my head through the shower curtain.

"You have your photo shoot in an hour" he says calmly.

I've never heard his voice so soft and sweet. Like fresh honey from a bee hive. It's soothing and relaxing. I smile at him slightly.

"What?" He smiles back.

"Your voice is so soft"

"Oh"

"I'll be out in a bit, when I get back I'll expect the house to be clean before we go out to eat" I turn back to the warm running water.

"We're going out?"

"Yes. We are celebrating my 7ooth photo shoot"

"Why?"

"Because it's 700. More than half a thousand photo shoots within 3 years" I look back out the curtain to look him in the eyes.

"Alright. So should we dress up? Or?"

"Something casually fancy" I smile thinking of him in a cute outfit.

"So a suit?"

"Yes!"

"Alright" he says before shutting the bathroom door behind him.

I reluctantly turn off the hot water and step out of the shower before covering my body in a towel. While my body is still damp, I go into the bedroom and into the closet searching for clothes. I'm startled when a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I look up at Grayson as he smiles at me.

"God you're so beautiful" he turns me around to look into my eyes.

I slightly blush. Although we've been together so long, him saying that makes my heart skip a beat.

"Not a day will go by that I won't love you" he says as his grip tightens and he pulls me closer.

I wrap my arms around his neck and continue to stare into his golden eyes. His eyes flicker from my lips to my eyes. I slowly lean into his lips as does he. Being shorter than him I stand on the tips of my toes trying to even come close. He leans down embracing my lips. His soft lips caress mine as he pushes me against the closet wall. We both groan as he rubs up against me. He bits my lip teasingly causing me to let out a moan. I pull back his hair making him moan. My body partially still damp becomes more wet from the heat being caused by our two bodies. The kiss becomes more intense and passionate before a yell brings us apart.