Uchihas: World Record for Family Dysfunction

I feel like this update was late for some reason...

OH WELL!!

《¤》《▪》《¤》《▪》《¤》《▪》《¤》《▪》《¤》《▪》

Boruto looked up at the rain, letting it run down his cheeks so it looked like he was crying. He was sitting on the swing, aimlessly gazing out at the pond-thing in the backyard. The rain hit it, causing it to mingle with the water that was already in the pond.

Boruto then looked up at the dark sky, letting rain fill his mouth. The sky was an onyx color, and Boruto could make out the color of Sarada's eyes in there. He knew it by heart, because he was always staring at them when she wasn't looking.

That made his heart hurt.

Then he recalled what Sarada had said about the rain when they were little.

A long time ago, when Sarada's mom was always at work, Hinata often babysat her during the day. Sarada mostly hung out with baby Hima, but when she was asleep, she was stuck with Boruto. 

"Boruto! Look! It's raining!" Sarada's eyes got unusually wild and she grabbed his arm and started running for the door. She then ran out to jump in the puddles.

"So?!" Boruto grumbled. He was getting really wet-- the rain was soaking his jacket.

"My papa says that the rain is the sky crying." Six-year-old Sarada said, staring up at the sky in wonder. "He used to dance in the rain with Mama."

"How do you remember that? Weren't you, like, three when he left?" Boruto asked, glaring up at the raindrops.

"Yeah." Sarada smiled wistfully. "But, whenever i see the rain... I just... can't help but think that Papa is out there somewhere, looking at the sky and thinking of Mama and me."

Boruto looked at the girl, and that was the beginning of his complicated feelings for Sarada. Her onyx eyes traveled from the sky, down to his sky blue ones. She stared at him, making him begin to blush a little. Sarada hadn't gotten her glasses yet, and was a really cute little girl. "Can you do me a favor, Boruto?"

"Yeah?" Boruto asked.

"Whenever you see the rain, think of me. Okay?" Sarada smiled, making Boruto blush more.

"I promise." Boruto said, giving her a small smirk. "But only if you think of me too."

"Deal." Sarada smiled, then ran off. "See ya tommorow, Boruto!"

"Boruto!" Izumi called from the window of Shisui's safehouse. "What are you doing out there? You'll get sick! Come inside!"

Boruto blinked a little, the remainder of the memory fading into real life. He winced, opening his mouth slightly. It hurt. His best friend had left him for power, exactly as his father's had. Was he not good enough for her? Was that why?

"Okay, Aunt Izumi." He said, turning his face to the window Izumi was nearly hanging out of. "In a bit."

Izumi caught his tone, and knew that he was thinking about, and decided that it would probably help him to let him remember. "Boru-kun, come in as soon as possible, okay? I don't want you catching a cold."