Uncle Naruto, and Mama

"Naruto-san?" Sarada asked, surprised. There he was, the sixteen year old Naruto Uzumaki, standing right in front of them. She was struggling to not call him 'Uncle Naruto' or 'Nanadaime' or 'Lord Hokage', but she knew it was best that they didn't know. He was staring at them confusedly, holding a piece of wood that he had picked up earlier.

"Shitty ol--" Sarada clapped her hand over Boruto's mouth before he could finish the insult.

"Yeah, I'm Naruto, who are you?" Naruto asked, walking closer and narrowing his eyes. He lifted the stick up, and prodded Sasuke in the stomach with it. Sasuke snarled. "And why are Sasuke-teme and Itachi tied up? I mean, I don't blame you, they're both jerks, but I don't know you."

Sasuke glared at him and then turned his glare to Boruto. Boruto got the message and undid the gags so Sasuke could speak.

"Watch who you're calling teme, dobe." He spat, turning his glare back to Naruto. Boruto sighed. This is what he wants me to untie him for? Guess nothing really changed...

"We're not enemies." Sarada smiled at Naruto, trying to reassure him. They weren't, they were just from a different time. Not that she could mention that, yet.

"I can tell. You have the Leaf headband." Naruto said, then looked back at the brothers who were tied up and sitting next to each other. "Itachi Uchiha, wanted for murder. Sasuke Uchiha, wanted for, well, you know. How did two," He looked the children up and down, "Chunin catch them both? I've been trying to catch them for years, 'ttebayo!"

"They must just be better than you." Itachi replied conversationally, sitting with his back against a rock. Sarada frowned, coming to a stunning realization. They were no where near their level, meaning Itachi and Sasuke were letting them catch them. No- Sasuke was just sticking around because this was where Itachi was, but Itachi hadn't escaped yet. Why?

Boruto snorted. "I wish, but no way are we better than you guys. We just had the element of surprise. I guess we get it from our parents." He snickered, making Sarada clench her teeth to keep from giggling at the irony of what he had just said.

She let loose a few giggles, making the three men look at her strangely. "What? Oh, sorry, inside joke." Itachi had a wistful expression on his face like he was reliving a comforting memory, and Sasuke looked like he wanted to commit murder. Naruto just looked confused.

"Who are you, anyway?" Naruto asked, breaking the silence that settled after Sarada said that. Sasuke perked up a bit at the chance to make Naruto look like an idiot.

"Sarada Uchiha and Boruto Uzumaki." Sasuke recited, gesturing his head at the two in turn. He spoke up to remind them that he was still here.

"So you were paying attention to our introductions. Not just trying to kill me and Itachi." Sarada smiled triumphantly.

"You're lucky, I'm only nice on Tuesdays." Sasuke said sarcastically. He didn't miss how Sarada laughed, and looked away. Sadly, he wasn't quick enough to look away before Sarada caught his mouth twitching a little. He didn't feel the urge to smile at all, especially not after he left the village. He wasn't quite sure what was up with him, but he hated it.

"Boruto Uzumaki?" Naruto narrowed his eyes at the younger blonde, who was shuffling awkwardly at the sound of his name. "You actually look a lot like me. And that last name..."

"I know." Boruto rolled his eyes. He hated being compared to his father. "People have been telling me that since I was a baby." He muttered so only Sarada could hear it (Itachi picked it up too, making him close his eyes, thinking).

"And you," Naruto turned to Sarada, stabbing his stick into the ground. "The Uchiha are all dead. Just ask Mr. Grumpy over there and Itachi." Mr. Grumpy. Sasuke's eyes flashed, his Sharingan briefly bubbling to the surface before the chakra restraints kicked in.