Explanations

Itachi smiled warmly at her, giving her the urge to smile back. "So are you gonna give your uncle a hug?" 

She obliged, trying not to think about how that sounded a lot like what her father had said this morning. His hug was warm, and Sarada felt safe there for the first time in a while. He reminded her a lot of her father, so she was comfortable around him.

Then something was wrong. Uncle Itachi squinted to see her, and she felt his chakra suddenly get weak. Now, he was leaning on her more than he was hugging her. Sarada looked at him, and felt gut-punched when she realized he'd gotten a million times more pale, and his ebony eyes seemed to be staring off into space. 

"Uncle Itachi, are you okay?" She asked as she helped him sit down. 

"No, I don't think so." He touched his forehead and looked away from Sarada, an unhappy look on his face. "I have a disease that might be the cause of my death. I'll probably still die today."

"Like hell." Sarada snarled, coming closer to her uncle. She dropped to her knees next to him and tried desperately to remember all lessons her mother gave her on healing. "I worked too hard to stop Papa from killing you before. I'm not just gonna let you go now." Her assessing eyes worked their way around him, noting that his eyes seemed to be squinting, like he couldn't see very well. She had no idea what was up with that, because her Father never had this problem, so she leaned over his head, concerned. 

Then the other four people noticed that Itachi was laying down and Sarada was crouching over him and came over, confused. Sasuke was carried over by Naruto, who wasn't convinced the Uchiha wouldn't try to run away yet. 

"Sarada, what is happening?" Sasuke asked, getting a little bit of sadistic excitement out of the fact that his nii-san was laying on the floor. Maybe Itachi would die today after all, even though he had failed at his original method of completing the deed. A bummer that he couldn't get his revenge, but at least he'd still get to see him die.

"Why didn't you tell me he was sick?!" She snapped at Sasuke, making him look at Boruto, confused. Boruto shrugged, he had no idea what Sarada was talking about half the time. Now was one of those times.

"What do you mean?" Sasuke asked, staring as green medical chakra began pumping out of her hands and she put them over her uncle's Akatsuki cloak. She's a medical ninja...? That explains why the gash she got on her foot yesterday is gone now... Itachi was breathing irregularly, and coughing hard. There was blood dribbling down his chin. Sarada's eyebrows furrowed, her eyes flashing with determination. Sasuke ignored how much she looked like his mother in that moment, his eyes moving to Itachi's cloak.

"Your brother is dying." Sarada said harshly, pointing one of her hands down at Itachi. She glared at Sasuke like he'd done something wrong. "And he hasn't even told you the truth yet. If I were you, I would be more worried about Itachi-ojii-san."

"Uncle Itachi?" Naruto asked, looking more confused, somehow. "Did you just say Uncle Itachi?"

"Yes." Sarada hissed, pumping more chakra to her fists. She couldn't worry about her slip up now. The truth was going to come out eventually. For now, Itachi was still dying. She wouldn't let that happen- her father was too sad about this in her timeline. "Boruto and I will explain once Itachi-ojii-san isn't dying."

"Why are you saving this murderer?" Sasuke choked, enraged. Killing intent was practically oozing off of him. "He killed our family."

"You're one to talk." Sarada scowled at him from where she was working on saving her uncle. "How many people have you killed, Papa? Just like you would've killed me and Uncle Itachi not long ago."