Let me go

"SASUKE-TEME!" Future Naruto called to his friend as they ran. "Any sign of them?" The four shinobi were jumping from tree to tree effortlessly.

Sasuke shook his head, worry entering his mind for his daughter and student. "I'm sure they're somewhere up ahead." Maybe we'll need to jump ahead few days.

"Hinata-chan, got anything?" Naruto asked hopefully, turning to his wife.

The Hyuuga heiress shook her head, extending the Byakugan farther in. "Sorry, anata. Although I am picking up faint traces of strong chakra over by the Uchiha Hideout."

"By now Younger Sasuke-kun and Itachi-san would've fought. Right?" Sakura asked, scanning the forests for anything that would give her a hint on where her precious daughter is. If they could figure out what day it was, it would help reduce where they were in this timeline.

Sasuke shook his head. "By now, yes, just at the beginning. I'm probably just now reaching the compound. But I don't think that's what's happening."

"When are we?" Naruto asked, moving a branch that was about to hit Hinata and Sakura. "Are we ahead or behind the kids?"

"I think it's around the time Jiraiya-sama was killed. That would be behind. We need to hurry." Sasuke looked at his friend, wondering how this would affect him.

Naruto's face became serious. "Do we have time for a quick pit stop? I want to do something I wanted to do years ago."

Sasuke resisted the urge to teleport them to the correct time then and there. Naruto is the Hokage. You can't break his face. He chanted over and over to himself. "I think so. But we do have to hurry up, Naruto. Our kids are--"

"I know. If they're in our time, they won't be expecting the..." he stopped talking, trying to find the word. "darkness... we were in back then. I understand that we need to hurry. But if you could take this one chance-- one chance, to save Itachi, would you?" Naruto asked Sasuke seriously.

"In a heartbeat." Sasuke replied after thinking about it. Technically, he could do that now. But sadly, they only have time to save one of them. Sasuke got to see Itachi again at least once. Naruto deserves this more than he did."Where is the place Pain killed Jiraiya at?"

Sighing with relief, Naruto shivered from the itch to reach out and hug his friend in excitement. Finally, he would be able to do what he'd wanted to for years. Save Pervy Sage. "It's in the Hidden Rain."

"Alright. Let's speed it up." Sasuke said, jumping faster. His companions also sped up.

"I'm coming, Pervy Sage." He whispered. "Please wait for me, dattebayo."

《¤》《▪》《¤》《▪》《¤》《▪》《¤》《▪》《¤》《▪》

"Okay, are we going with Kakashi's idea?" Sasuke asked, nervous. His daughter's life was on the line, and they couldn't afford to be careless. "We really don't have time for this."

"Time..." Boruto muttered, then grinned. "Seems like time is the boss of everything, believe it."

Sakura elbowed Hinata. "Look at that, he got Neji's infallible logic."

Hinata giggled, and Boruto beamed proudly. Being compared to your long-dead genius uncle does that to you. Now he understood what Sarada always feels.