Until the Kookie Crumbles

Start from the beginning

Before he can answer, a gruff voice speaks up from behind him. "Hyung, watch out." Hoseok backs away, revealing a broad, dark shadow hovering closely behind him.

Jungkook looks at you with wary, heavy lidded eyes, like you're a dangerous animal that can't be trusted.

Welp. He's not wrong.

"Jungkookie!" You say happily, wrapping your arms tightly around his slender waist and laying your head on his chest. Almost reluctantly, he returns your embrace, his face still tilted to face Hoseok.

"Bye, hyung," he says dismissively, pushing you out the door and kicking it closed in Hoseok's face.

Surprised, you draw back and stare up at him. "Hey, that was so rude! What's wrong?"

Grunting noncommittally as he avoids answering, Jungkook simply tightens his arms around you and walks the two of you backwards in the direction of your apartment.

You huff, giving up, and turn in his arms so you can walk forward. Jungkook releases your waist and follows you, still suspiciously silent.

His attitude is throwing you. Normally a cute, bubbly mess when you pick him up from Jimin's apartment, he's currently stoic and unreadable. The mood makes you hesitate in your plan, unsure if how he'll respond if he responds at all.

You look carefully at his sweet face as the two of you enter your apartment. Those ebony eyes of his are partially closed, almost like he's sleepy, and the line where his full bottom lip meets his thin upper one is straight, neither smiling nor frowning.

So? you reason with yourself. He's still Jungkook. He's still your cute baby bunny. A bad mood won't change how he responds to you.

You decide to plow through with your plan.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" You ask, smiling at his tiny shrug of indifference. "Okay, wait here and pick one then. I'm going to change into my pajamas."

Leaving his strong figure seated in the couch and scrolling through a movie selection, you skip to your room and close the door with an smug grin donning your lips.

Action.

It's there, inside your bedroom, that you dress yourself in something you've never worn before.

Last year for your birthday, your grandmother (convinced it would help you catch a man) bought you a little silky pajama set in black. It consists of skimpy, floaty shorts and a lace-edged tank top with a little bow that rests between your breasts.

It's cute and sexy, and you take your hair down from its ponytail and let it float over your bare shoulders. Checking yourself in the mirror one last time with satisfaction, you creep back into the living room where Jungkook is waiting for you.

The television screen is playing through the movie previews, and you can feel a tingle of nerves shimmy through you. The cool air on your skin reminds you of just how much skin you have on display, but you ignore your slight fear and stride toward the couch.

"What are we watching?" you ask casually, throwing yourself down onto the couch beside Jungkook. Refusing to look at him doesn't stop you from feeling the burning heat of his gaze trail down the length of you.