80

David Hertz

I arrived at the old house and parked the car, I made it towards the rusty door, where an armed man was standing guard,

He opened the door and allowed me in, I walked inside and my heart constricted, I saw Ali in tears.

Her eyes lit up at the sight of me,

"D...David." She stuttered.

I ran up to her and crashed her into my chest, "I'm here." I whispered and then looked around.

"You shouldn't have come." She cried, fear eminent in her voice, "Jenna, wants you dead." She said with tears slipping out of her eyes.

"I'd fine and I'm going to get you out of here, I promise." I ran my thumb gently under her eyes wiping the tears that were silently falling out.

She nodded and hugged me. I had to get her out of here.

"Well Well Well, Look who decided to join the party." I turned around and saw Jenna standing at the door with a gun pointed at us.

I immediately pulled Ali behind me, shielding her as she gasped in fear,

"Jenna, what do you think you are doing?"

"Settling scores. You think I would let you live happily after you ruined my life."

"Fine, but you have a problem with me, Ali has nothing to do with this, just let her go and then we can talk."

"You're right. I don't have a problem with Ali, my problem is with you. She's free to go, but if she dares to call the cops, I'd serve her your head on a platter.."

I turned to Ali and handed her a key,

"There's an SUV parked outside, take it and get out of here.."

She shook her head,

"No, I'm not leaving you here with her."

"Alison--"

"I said, no..." She snapped.

"How sweet..." Jenna mocked, "She's willing to die for you."

"Yes, I'm willing to die for him, would any do the same for you, never. Because, you sick person." Ali retorted and Jenna fumed.

"Shut up!" Jenna growled.

Her eyes turned to me,

"It seems like no one is leaving, after all, sit." she snarled.

I sat on an empty chair beside Ali, hoping Bate shows up just in time...I reached and grabbed Alison's bruised arms, placing them on my lap.

She turned to look at me, her eyes blurred with tears.

It broke my heart to see her in that state, I had to find another way to get her out or Jenna would hurt her.

"I have been entertaining our dear Alison with stories from the past, George and I were in love after all."

My hold on her tightened knowing what it meant, the last thing I wanted was for Alison to find out the truth and hate George for that one huge mistake.

"I don't want to hear any more of that, can you just go straight to the point?" Alison spoke up.

"Where were we...ah! the night at George's house." Jenna ignored her.

                                   Flashback

After the night George broke up with me, I was much more confident the next morning, I assumed it was his guilt getting the best of him. He had the right to feel guilty since he had to face the truth every day.