81

"Jenna, thank you so much for coming!"Anne greeted me at the door with a hug. It happened to be George's birthday and his family was throwing a little party for him. I got a little something for him as well and I was praying he liked it.

I smiled as I pulled away from her, she then made way for me to come in.

"Come on it's this way."Anne said and began leading me through the house, I couldn't help but notice the big banners that read Happy Birthday, George, "Everyone is waiting in the hall."They had a little hall built in the house for events such as this.

We stepped into the fancy decorated hall and I could estimate about 50 to 60 people In the room already.

Anne looked back at me and smiled, she looked really excited about something that I couldn't really put my hands on at the moment,  "get comfortable, I will go get us something to drink." she said and I simply nodded and watched her walk away. Everyone was already mingling and getting friendly, I stood there like a lost and confused puppy since I didn't know anyone else in the room apart from George and Anne.

I turned to the corner and saw David chatting and laughing with a brunette. I rolled my eyes and focused on something else.

"I didn't think you would come." A voice spoke up snapping me out of my thought, I turned to see George standing beside me with a glass of scotch in his hand looking as breathtaking as ever, "You look lovely." he said.

"Thanks." I mouthed with a smile and tried not to raise any suspicions, "I got you a little something."I said handing him the small box.

He furrowed his brow as he took it from me, "What's in it?"

"You have to open it to find out, but I advise you to do it alone."I winced slightly.

He laughed, "Oh, you're really something." He let out, "Thanks, anyway."

I smiled,

"Are we still meeting tonight?" I asked in a whisper making sure no one heard me, he smirked, "Definitely."

After a few minutes, Anne walked back with two drinks in her hands, "here, you go." she said handing a glass to me before turning to George, "what were you two whispering about?" she asked looking directly at him, he slid his hand around her waist, "How breathtaking and beautiful my wife looks tonight." He said with a smile as he leaned in to kiss her, she let out a girly giggle kissing him back.

" He said with a smile as he leaned in to kiss her, she let out a girly giggle kissing him back