32

On a beautiful Monday morning, my eyes fluttered open and the sun uncomfortably blared its way into them, a smile slipped onto my lips.

The school was on a two days break, and David feeling sweet and guilty, thought we would spend it vacationing in Queensland. He secured us a beach resort, it was really stunning and quiet, you could hear the birds chirping and tweeting.

I could so get used to this, I thought to myself with a smile.

I stretched my limbs and turned around to see David's sleeping form,

He had me curled in his arms, sleeping peacefully. I relaxed and enjoyed the rhythm of his chest as it heaved up and down.

I lay very still, not wanting to wake him. He barely gets any sleep as it is.

I scooted over, turning my head to properly peek at him. His face glistened due to the sun shining down on him and his jaw is beautified with his early morning scruff.

I couldn't help myself when I brought a hand up to stroke his cheeks,

Hard to believe that the man lying next to me, looking so serene and young in his sleep once terrified me, it suddenly occurred to me that David appeared to be strong and dominating—yet, in reality, he was sweet and sensitive, the irony was that he looked upon me as the fragile one.

I stopped and gazed up at the ceiling with a sigh, I needed to pee.

I slipped out of his arms and made my way to the bathroom, sighing in contentment as I emptied my bladder.

And when I was done, I stepped out of the bathroom, only to pause at the sight of David still asleep.

He was usually up at this time, so for him not to be up must mean he must be particularly tired.

I grabbed my phone and quietly tiptoed towards the door, I got outside and immediately come in contact with the blissful air.

I settled down on the sand, it was softly golden with just the right comforting warmth.

To rest on the beach felt like a cozy hug, one only matched by the sunshine-filled sky. I stretched out both arms and legs feeling delighted, it wasn't long after I felt familiar arms wrap around me,

"Morning, Ms. Stone. Did you sleep well?" He breathed, an arm slid around my waist and he buried his head into the side of my neck, kissing my side, and I lit up from within.

"Not as well as you apparently. You're in a mood."

He drew me closer to him,

This was exactly what I needed, breathing deeply of ocean-carried air, listening to the percussion of waves, while wrapped in the arms of the man I love, "I have a surprise for you," He murmured and kissed the nip of my neck again.

I turned quickly, grinning at him.

"Good surprise?"

"I hope so." He smiled warmly, "Close your eyes?"

Hmm . . . what could it be? I thought as I shut my eyes, feeling the anticipation.