76

Alison

When I eventually opened my eyes, I was greeted by a blinding light, my head was hurting like hell. I tried to move but I couldn't, I started to panic when I realized I was tied up to a chair.

That was when my memories returned, I remembered how Jenna fooled me, why was she doing this? Why would she double-cross her own brother?

I began to battle to free myself, but the ropes were way too tight, I began screaming, hoping someone would hear me and save me from this nightmare.

I screamed at the top of my lungs until I heard footsteps, and I snapped my head up in anticipation.

The squeaky door opened revealing Jenna, the one that betrayed me without a reason, "Save your strength, no one can hear you."

"How could you do this?" I asked as she walked up to me. "What did I ever do to you?" I screamed at her,

She laughed,

"David should be on his way." She pulled out a chair and sat in front of me, "In the meantime, I'm going to tell you a secret, or better still a story." She said very calmly, "You would love to hear this one, it's close to home."

                                  Flashback

"I am trusting you to behave yourself tonight, " David reprimanded as we took the elevator to the 10th floor, it happened to be his birthday and I was old enough to attend huge events such as the one he was having that night, I was eager to explore adulthood and learn what transpired on his side of the world.

We stood side by side in the elevator in silence waiting for the elevator door to open, I would be lying if said I wasn't nervous.

The elevator door finally opened and we immediately headed out to the hall where the event was supposed to be taking place, I was so amazed at how everything in the building screamed wealth and power.

I bet no one believed I was his sister, I hardly believe I was.

David had obtained a lot of power at a very young age. A year after college he had made his first million, as mama would always say, 'he was the child with the brain.'

When we appeared in the hall, almost everyone began to acknowledge his presence, some greeted 'Good evening.' Others bowed to him, some greeted him with a 'Happy birthday' and once in a while, they acknowledged my presence and greeted me with a smile which I gestured back.

Let's not forget the glares I was getting from the woman, they probably thought I was one of his flings, David never stayed with one woman for more than a day, he was the man of that era, they smiled and giggled at him and he gave them his famous cocky smirk.

A lady guided us to the presidential table and all eyes were focused on us, I bet they all thought I was his girlfriend or escort for the night.

We reached our table, and a bunch of suited powerful men was already seated down. Flashes of cameras gleamed every now and then, I was silent the whole time, I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do in such an event filled with celebrities and glamorous people,  from my seat I could estimate about 4 thousand people in the hall including all the photographers and media men.

"Behave," David warned again before he left the table to greet some of the guests, leaving me more clueless than ever.

Kela Smith, one of David's supposed flings appeared in a stunning white dress and held to David's arm as if her life depended on it, I couldn't blame her though, as she had a lot of competition that night.