45

Alison

After I was discharged from the hospital, David thought it would be a good idea if we stayed out of town for a while and I couldn't agree more, a lot had happened.

I wasn't ready to face it all yet, it was just too much, we stayed at his beach house in Perth, it was really beautiful. I've lost count of many of these he's got.

At the moment I was creepily watching him sleep, after the week we'd had this moment meant everything, he seemed a lot calmer. Bate mentioned he wasn't able to sleep or eat anything since the day I got abducted.

 Bate mentioned he wasn't able to sleep or eat anything since the day I got abducted

I smiled and ran my hands across his face as he moved slightly in his sleep.

He was a thrilling sight, but my heart still felt heavy,

I couldn't get the image of Matt getting shot and all that blood out of my head, we might not have been in a good place considering everything he did, but he did look after me, and that must count for something.

Sighing, I shrugged off the thoughts,

I needed a drink, all the thinking was making me thirsty, I slipped out of bed slowly, trying not to wake David.

I had on his shirt, it was quite large for my petite body, we didn't get the chance to head home and pack some of my things, we left from the hospital.

I stepped into the kitchen and opened the fridge, scavenging for a drink.

I reached for a bottle of frize and spurred out into the adjoining balcony,

I took a sip and stared out at the ocean, anything was better than being in my thoughts. Not long after,

"Are you okay?" A voice chipped in behind.

I didn't panic, I knew it was David.

I had a feeling he would realize I was no longer by his side and come after me, he was worried a lot, afraid I might escape him again.

I peeked up at him and he was staring down at me, warily.

"Did I wake you?" I asked.

"Only because you were gone."

I smiled up at him,

"You need to get some rest, I'd be fine." I tried to assure him.

He fondled me and buried his head on my neck.

"You look worried?" he breathed.

I sighed, whispering back.

"A lot has happened... I got abducted, Matt got shot, I almost died--"

"You're worried about him?" He sounded surprised.

"No, it's just...I saw him get shot. That's a lot to process."