82

Alison

Thanks to David being here, it became a lot easier, I move around the room as long as I didn't exceed the door.

"Are you okay?" David whispered, regarding me warily.

I hadn't said a word since Jenna left the room,

I wasn't sure what to say after hearing all that about my father, the one I held so dear to my heart was a cheat and a liar.

I can't even begin to imagine what my mother must've gone through, realizing she was betrayed and taken for a fool by the one person she loved and trusted.

I would die if David did that to me.

It was sickening to know that such a monster was once called my father. For the first I'm glad I don't remember him.

My eyes turned to David. He was staring warmly at me, with so much uneasiness,

I should be mad that he kept yet another thing from me, but clearly, he was trying to protect the image I had of my father and for that, I couldn't be mad at him.

I wish I wasn't robbed of the delusion I had of my father, I didn't want to know any of this.

"I want to hear your thoughts, Ali." I glanced up into his concerned face.

"Tell me," he said more forcefully, and his concern evolved into what? Fear? Anger?
I walked over to David and wrapped myself around him, "I'm thinking I want to go home."

"Ali, please get out of here." He pleaded for the millionth time,

"For the millionth time, I'm not leaving here without you."

"This is not the right time to be stubborn."

"It's exactly the right time to be stubborn."

He shook his head and gave into me, "I'm sorry you had to find out this way." He whispered after a while.

"Don't be. .. Now, I know that my father wasn't the person I thought he was, not even close."

"Ali, your father loved you."

"I doubt, you don't cheat on the people you love."

"He made a mistake and he's paid for it ever since."

"Enough about my father and his mistakes." I got upset. My father wasn't here to explain himself, which was annoying because I can't hit him or tell him how to feel, "I'm sorry for yelling at you, I just don't want to hear any more of my father's shenanigans."

He nodded, his expression wary.

I leaned and kissed him, I really missed those moments when it was all about us.