day MCLXXXVIII

31/10/21

31/10/21

Three years ago, their lives had been changed so much by the car crash that David had been in. Today, David was going to try walking without assistance for the first time since the crash. He had been having bi-weekly physical therapy sessions with his physical therapist to gain strength and eventually walk and once a week sessions with an occupational therapist to learn how to adapt the world to him.

"Simon, watch!" David spoke as he let go of the bars that he was using to support himself to walk. The physical therapist stood back and watched. Simon looked at David and he was standing without wobbling, which he had seen before but it still brought a grin to his face, and then David took a step without grabbing onto the bars. He took another step and another until he walked to Simon without any assistance.

"You're walking!" Simon cheered quietly when David reached him. "Your first steps without any assistance!"

"Three years I've been trying to walk and it finally happened!" David replied. He was grinning from ear to ear with happiness and he hugged Simon. "We need to get a picture of us or a video of me walking without assistance now."

Simon glanced towards the physical therapist and handed him his phone with the camera app pulled up. Simon backed up as the physical therapist recorded and David walked to Simon again. They hugged for a minute and kissed softly, it being captured in the short video. Simon was handed his phone back from the physical therapist and he and David kissed again softly on the lips.

"I love you so much right now, David."

David grinned at his husband and replied, " I love you too, Simon."

That phrase still was able to make Simon's heart flutter even three years after he first heard David respond to it.

[] hey guys! Thanks for going on the ride with me that was Dear David. I hope that you guys are ready for a sequel! It will be called Dear Simon and it will be David writing letters to Simon for an entire year, one letter each month. What do you think the event will be in that fanfic? What did you guys like about this fanfic and what could I improve on? Bye until the sequel!