day XIX

19/10/18

19/10/18

Dear David,

You're not better at all. You've stayed in the same condition for the past two days and you haven't been improving and the doctors want you to. I've asked them if we can bring you outside because it's nice and I think that it could help you to be out but they've said no because it could make you worse than what you already are. Kathleen asked them again in the afternoon and they still said no with the same reasons why. I do think that you would improve if we were allowed to take you outside.

You still haven't woken up yet and Kathleen is telling me that she thinks that you're going to wake up any day now. I'm starting to lose hope that you will one day read these letters with me by your side and as your boyfriend or husband. I want you to wake up so badly, David, but it hasn't happened. I don't want to continue losing hope of you waking up and recovering from the car crash but I am.

Tonight, before I put him to bed, Alfred asked me if you're ever going to regain consciousness. I didn't know what to tell him and I started crying so he started to cry as well. He got out from under the covers and climbed into my lap, David, and hugged me while we both cried. Everyone is worried about you, David, including your son. Me and Alfred stopped crying and I'm still awake because I'm thinking about what would happen if Kathleen and I have to pull your life support plug. I love you, David.

Love,
Simon