day XI

11/10/18

11/10/18

    Dear David,

    As I write this, you're laying beside me in my bed. You were brought into my house by ambulance this morning and brought up into my bedroom by paramedics. Somehow we managed to get you inside, up the stairs, and into my bed with all of your equipment for life support without waking my son or your son. Kathleen and I woke them up when you were settled in my bed. They ran into my room to see you and hugged you right away. Me and Kathleen let them cuddle with you until breakfast was ready for them to eat.

    Bert sensed that you were in my house although he had been sleeping on the couch in the living room when we brought you into my house. He ran up the stairs and jumped into my bed when he saw you and started to lick your face. It was so cute to see because he was so excited to see you out of the hospital even though it's just for a day. I'll be truly excited if you ever regain consciousness again because of how much I miss you, David.

    You'll be going back to the hospital in an hour so I think that when I am done writing this letter to you, I'll cuddle for the first time with you. I don't want you to go in an hour because I love seeing you in my bed, David. It appears as though you have a small smile on your face because you're in my house, David. I'm going to cuddle with you in a minute.

Love,
Simon