day XXIX

29/10/18

29/10/18

Dear David,

You haven't woken up yet and I want you to wake up so badly. I want to see your eyes open and hear you making jokes and smutty comments to me. I would give anything for you to be awake and out of the hospital, anything at all, even my life. I want you to be healthy again and to be at your house. You've got two days left in your life before we're forced to pull the life support plug and have the doctors stop treating you so you can pass away on November first. I don't want that to happen at all, no one does.

Amanda and Alesha came to visit you again today so they can see you before you pass away. It was bittersweet because they just told stories about your antics, which should have been funny but it just made all three of us cry. Kathleen didn't stay with you long because she's trying not to cry so much and she thinks it will make the grief easier on her if she doesn't hear people saying good bye to you. Alesha and Amanda both left in tears because we just sobbed during one of the antics that we remembered. They both said that they loved you, gave you a kiss on the forehead and left.

In three days I'm going to have to do that with you, David, and I don't want to do it at all. I don't want to say good bye to you because I love you, David.

Love,
Simon