day XX

20/10/18

20/10/18

Dear David,

It's been twenty days since the car accident and it seems like you're not going to heal. Me and Kathleen have only two weeks and a day to make our derision if we want to pull the life support plug before November first or we let the doctors do it as scheduled on that date. I feel like you have a death date now, David, because of you worsening after you had seemed to be getting better. You seem a little better than you did yesterday because your lungs have been emptied of the fluid in them but I can't tell if the medicine you're getting is helping you. You seem to be in constant discomfort now because of all the lines of tubes coming from your body and the medicine that's constantly going into your body.

You seem to hate the catheter the most but funnily enough, you seem to be liking the enemas most because your face always becomes more relaxed after they're done every other day. You stay like that for about a day and then your face becomes pained again by the next time you need an enema. I'm starting to wonder if you've had enemas done while you were conscious in the past because of your reaction to them unconscious. You'll laugh at least when you read this part of the letter.

I'm not going to stop writing these letters even though you're not improving that much, David, because I can give them to Alfred to read when he's old enough if you do pass away but I want you to read them. I love you, David.

Love,
Simon