day XXIII

23/10/18

23/10/18

Dear David,

Today you're looking a little better. Your skin isn't as blue anymore so the doctors think that your lungs are pulling out of failure now if it's possible. I haven't really looked up any of the medical terms that they use to describe your condition to us but I did look up pneumonia and lung failure. It's not good with what the doctors had even said. You're probably going to die but I'm praying and hoping that you aren't going to because you seem to be getting better in my eyes. The doctors are saying the same thing though, which is good.

You still haven't woken up yet and no one knows why because you were brought out of the medically induced coma and you're still in a coma although you should have woken up after being brought out. The doctors don't even have an explanation for it so I can't explain it to you in this letter. The doctors are trying to come up with an explanation right now. If you don't wake up yourself by November first, Kathleen and I are going to pull the life support plug or the doctors will do it on that date if we can't decide if we want you to keep living.

You're living almost a half life right now because we can see your eyes moving underneath your eyelids but they aren't opening. I want you to regain consciousness soon, David, and you don't move by yourself still. I love you, David.

Love,
Simon