Promise// chp26

(Mariella's pov)
Dubai, 5:38pm, restaurant.

"I can't believe this is our last night here" I sigh looking out at the view and me and Ethan sit at our table.

He had chosen a table by ourselves out on the balcony at this extremely fancy restaurant. This weekend he's completely spoiled me, I've never been this happy with the boy I love.

I'm going to admit, I miss home but I'm going to miss this a lot too. All the memories and the fun times together and enjoying each other company, it will all change when we're back home, all back to normal.

"It's flown by, but I've enjoyed every second of it" He let out a soft smile as his thumb rubbed circles on my hand.

Soon the song 'perfect by ed Sheeran' came on.

He glanced at the floor on the balcony then back at me. Ethan then stood up sand walked in front of me holding out his hand to take.

"Care to join me for this dance?"

"I thought you didn't dance?" I giggled, "I don't, so you'd be stupid to pass me up on this offer"

I smile and take his hand as he guided me to the edge of the balcony where the music was playing.

I rested my hand in his with one hand on his shoulder as his other held onto my waist. We held eye contact and our smiles as we swayed back and fourth to the music.

He twirled me causing me to let out a soft laugh and he smiled revealing his pearl white teeth.

"Are you sure you don't dance?" I questioned as my hand was placed back into his shoulder.

"Okay.. maybe I dance a little" he admitted and playfully rolled his eyes.

We danced throughout the song and started to hum along to the lyrics as we swayed and he twirled me and we changed dance moves.

The sun was setting, it was a pink and orange kind of sunset and it reflected on the sea perfectly. The candles were lit causing the balcony to glow as we stepped different ways and admired each other.

This was the perfect moment of my life. His smile was perfect, rare but I've learnt to enjoy it while it lasts. I never thought I'd be here with him after he left and we never even spoke to each other, actually I didn't even think he'd remember me.

"What are you thinking about" He furrowed his eyebrows catching me in my thoughts.

"Us, this, everything really" I replied my gaze returning to him.

"We're perfect, this is perfect, everything is perfect" he said softly and I smiled.

"I agree, everything is perfect"

We danced a little more and soon the song was nearly ending until he paused dancing and held my hands. He caught me off guard when he pulled out a velvet box from his back pocket and opened it revealing two rings.

I widened my eyes then looked back up to him smiling, "Mariella, I want to give you this promise ring because I promise to be with you throughout everything. No matter how hard it gets and all the complications I will be there with you and this ring will ensure that. I can't imagine giving this to any other girl besides you, I promise to always love you, I love you Mariella"

I smile and my eyes become glossy as he slides the rose gold diamond ring onto my finger and he slides on the white diamond one into his. My immediate reaction was to kiss him so I did. He kissed back instantly cupping my cheeks as I let a few tears slide.

"I love you Ethan Grant Dolan"

"I love you more Mariella Taylor Silva"

We walked hand in hand across the beach taking in our last night in Dubai together, this place will forever have a special place in my heart.

We make it back to the hotel and I slip off my heels and dress and find a spare shirt of Ethan's to sleep in, I also wipe off my makeup and brush my hair out before getting on top of the bed next to a shirtless Ethan.

"Netflix?" I ask opening my laptop up and setting it on the bed.

"Only if we aren't watching things like 'gossip girl' or 'pretty little liars" he says the shows in a girly voice and I whack him with a pillow and laugh.

"Fine, you choose" I say stubbornly laying back resting my head on the silk pillow.

I watched as he leaned forward, tapped a few things a brought up a movie.

Great a horror movie.

"You know how scared I get" I pulled my knees up to my face to cover my eyes but he pulled them straight back down and pulled me closer to him, "I'm right here" he reassured me.

"I should text my dad" I say about to reach out my phone but he stops
Me.

"I already did that" he smiled.

"You text my dad?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

He nods with a smile, "He gave me the rings, he said they've been passed down throughout generations and thought we deserved to have them"

I mentally smiled to myself knowing my parents trusted Ethan and I and also supported our relationship. If not they would've had to get used to him anyway it doesn't seem like we are going to be separating.

We are both nearly 18, funnily enough my birthday is December 24th, yes Christmas Eve. This means that I get presents two days in a row but this year I'm not so excited, I have to share it with Ariana.

Me and Her are on decent terms now, we do the basics like say 'hi' or 'good morning' but I'm not ready to fully accept her her after what she did and I don't think I'll even let her lay her eyes on Ethan, or Grayson for that matter.

About Grayson, it's weird honestly as him and Brooke have been getting clothes despite Brooke talking to Nate which concerns me. I'd prefer Brooke with Grayson if I'm telling the truth now.

I'm just happy that we've all been drama free and enjoying life while we are all here together.

"You're thinking about something again," Ethan chuckles, "how do you always know when I'm thinking?" I asks looking up to him"

"Well you always smile to yourself and never concentrate on what's in front of you" He stated and I nod amused.

"I'm just happy at where we're at" My lips curve into a smile and he kissed my forehead, "me too."

I rest my head against his chest as his arm is wrapped around my waist and continue watching movies for the rest of the night.