Chapter 10: You'll Regret It

Start from the beginning

"I said this period will be a free one. I cannot stay here because I've been called to sub for Kareston high," she informed us.

"What! You can't leave us! You're our teacher for this period, not theirs!" A voice called out, expressing the thoughts of us all.

"I know and I'm sorry, Hannah. This period is Bellton time, but I know you guys are all good on everything I taught you, but Kareston high is not," she said, no room for coaxing her into staying.

"Well, if they need the extra help then you certainly should go help them. It would be unfair if you stood here when we know everything already," I told her, thankful that she isn't favoring one school over the other.

"Thanks for the understanding," she appreciatively stated. "You've been doing phenomenal," she beamed at me, rushing off.

"Ugh, still no news about Jemstone. This sucks," Alice whined, her annoyance seeping out.

"I'm sure we'll be getting new info soon," I hopefully voiced.

"Are you trying to convince me of that or yourself?" She questioned. 

"Both of us..." I mumbled, picking up my bag and slipping it on.

"You sure?" She queried.

"Yes, Alice," I laughed.

She picked up her cream colored side bag, slinging it over her shoulder. As she did, I began to look around the room, only to realize that almost everyone scattered.

Alice frowned, repeatedly tapping her index finger on her thigh. "Where should we go?" She wondered, trying to gain an idea of where we should end up.

I didn't respond as my eyes captured the sight of a girl with light brown wavy hair. I took steps towards her without a second thought.

"Hey, Hannah," I started, and her hazel eyes that reflected green shot up to me. "Do you want to hang for the period with me and Alice?"

Her eyes went down to her iPhone x, switching it to lock screen. She looked up and grinned, "sounds good."

She got up from the seat she was in and joined me and Alice.

"Know any good places to hang during free periods?" Alice asked her, considering I haven't got any input.

"I know tons of places. Follow me," she says, going out of the room.

She escorted us down some stairs and into the first floor hallway, which didn't make any sense because there's only classrooms here.

"Uh, Hannah?" I said.

"Yeah," she replied, sneakily peeking in the classrooms.

"Why are we here? This hall doesn't lead anywhere," I voiced out.

"It does," she whispered, motioning with her hand for me and Alice to pick up our pace.

We hurried to where she stood as me and Alice both shared confused looks. We were in front of a empty classroom door, the light inside wasn't on. There was no students or teachers occupying the area.