Chapter 40 - Not them

Brad’s P.O.V

After my last class which was English, I went to my locker. I was just down the hall from Tristan, across from James and Caitlin, and almost next to Connor. A few lockers in between us. I looked at the numbers on the lockers until I reached mine. A familiar brunette stood in the way. No, really? She has the locker above me? Chloe. Out of everyone in the school I am stuck with her above me.

“Brad!” She exclaimed turning around and coming up to me. “I hope we can put the past behind us and pick up from where we left off.”

“Pick it up?” I gritted through my teeth. “The last thing between us, was my heart breaking in two from you cheating on me.”

“But Brad.” She said sadly, taking a step closer to me. “Don’t you remember those long nights? In my room? Or at parties?” She finished by rubbing my arm.

“No Chloe I don’t.” I said brushing her hand away. “You know why? Because you never did that stuff with me. We never went to parties together, I barely remember the inside of your room, and I certainly don’t remember the long nights you’re talking about.”

“Brad? Is everything alright?” I heard Caitlin ask softly behind me. I smiled a little, turning around to face her. She looked up at me and smiled a little. I reached out my hand and she took it. I pulled her close to me, wrapping my arm around her waist and softly kissing her head. 

“Everything’s fine now.” I whispered. “Chloe, it was over the moment I saw that video. I’ve moved on and your still living in the past, wishing for something you can’t have. You used me, abused me and didn’t care about any of my feelings. You had me once, and you won’t get me again.”

“So you’re dating this little tramp now are you?” She said gesturing to Caitlin, her eyes looking her up and down. I stepped in front of Caitlin a little. “You’ve stooped low Brad. You could do so much better.”

“Better? Like you? Ha! I doubt I’d ever date someone like you again. Caitlin is the best thing to have happened to me, Chloe. You’re a thing of the past. Get over it.” I scoffed. She stamped her foot on the ground before slamming her locker and walking off. 

“You mean it?” Caitlin asked. “I’m the best thing to have happened to you?”

“Yes. And I don’t doubt it for a second.” I said kissing her quickly then opening my locker. I threw in the books I didn’t need, grabbed the ones I did and shut my locker. “Ready to go?” I asked and she nodded. I wrapped my arm around her waist and we walked out of the school. We have a meeting place at the front of the school for everyone to meet at. Tristan and James were already there.

“Hey guys.” I greeted them. 

“Hey.” They both responded. We were sitting on a bench near the front gate. School was finished for the day so everyone was leaving. We weren’t in a hurry to get home, so it didn’t really matter if we took a bit longer to leave school than everyone else. 

“You’ll never guess who I have to share my locker bay with.” James said. 

“Who?” We all said. 

“A fan.” James sighed.

“Of ours?” I asked. He shook his head. 

“Of Rhi and Amber. The girl won’t stop talking about them! It’s so annoying! At least she doesn’t care that I’m dating Amber.” He laughed. 

“I’ve got worse.” I grimaced. 

“Who have you got?” Tristan asked. 

“Chloe.” I said.