Chapter 35 - Singing in New York

It was Friday night. The last day we had with McFly. We had finished writing the music for our album, we now just needed to record it. 

McFly had invited us out for dinner. A fancy restaurant. We got dressed up quite nicely and went to the restaurant to meet them. We walked in and found them, sitting down at the table. 

“Hello.” Tom smiled. 

“Hi boys.” I greeted them. We all took our seats. “We’d just like to thank you for helping us with our music.”

“You all have the talent, you just needed a bit of a kick start.” Danny said. I looked through the menu. Picking spaghetti and a glass of fanta. 

“It’s been great these past two weeks. Thank you guys.” Amber said putting her menu down on the table.

“It sucks you couldn’t stay longer.” I said. 

“Yeah, we have to move on. Going back home this week which is exciting after being away for a few weeks.” Tom commented. A waiter came over to our table. We told him what we’d like then he walked off. 

“You girls are going to be big. I can tell.” Danny said drinking some of his wine.

“Really?” I questioned. 

“You girls are amazing. You’re already so big!” Dougie laughed.

“Well we wouldn’t be able to produce the music without those three!” I said pointing to Dan, Finn and Lizzie. 

“We wouldn’t have this opportunity without you girls!” Finn said. 

“I’ve been down this road before! Let’s stop thanking each other!” I laughed and everyone joined in with me. 

It was a few hours before we ventured out into the streets. It was maybe about 10? We got there about 7, so we in there for roughly three hours. We walked together in a big group, just wandering around. Being ridiculous, taking photos, enjoying our last night together. We’ve grown quite close to these guys in the past two weeks, it was sad to see them leaving.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I pulled it out, a text from Tristan.

The pizza boy:

Just uploaded a new cover. Dedicated to our girlfriends. Mixed it for you girls. xx

Me:

Aw that’s so sweet! I’ll check it out when I get back to the hotel. Currently wandering around with McFly on their last night with us. xx

I placed my phone back in my pocket and ran after them. We had made it to the Empire State Building, so naturally we all started to sing Empire State of Mind by Jay-Z with Alicia Keys. Myself, Tom and Danny singing/rapping Jay-Z’s part. Everyone joining in for Alicia’s part. 

People from all around stopping to watch us, taking out their phones to take photos and film. 

We continued to sing as we walked down the street, people still following us. I found a grand piano sitting next to a building so I sat down and began to play where we were up to. Everyone else jumping around. This was probably going on YouTube, but who cares? We were having fun! 

After we had finished, the crowd we had gained started to clap and cheer our performance. I couldn’t help but smile at it. We thanked them then continued to walk down the street, singing random songs that had popped into our heads. The songs ranged from Shakira’s Hips Don’t Lie, to Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana to P!nk’s Raise Your Glass. A small crowd following us around recording our songs and ridiculous dance moves as we walked through the streets of New York City.