Chapter 20- Confessions and new friends.

I woke up the next morning on the couch. I guess I fell asleep here after the movie. I tried to sit up but was weighed down by something. I looked and found Brad. Looks like he fell asleep too. He was still laying in the same way as last night. Mum and Amber were on the other couch. I guess we all were just too tired to move. I don’t even remember watching the end of the movie. 

I tried to sit up again. I couldn’t. I shook Brad.

“It’s too early.” He said.

“I’d like to get up.” I said.

“Then get up?”

“I can’t. You are sort of laying on me.”

“Am I?”

“Yes Brad you are.” I hated trying to talk to him while he was half asleep. I regretted hearing the next sound. The door bell. I groaned. “Brad, get off. Someone’s at the door.” He jumped up. He hated people watching him while he was asleep. We slowly made our way to the front door. We were still in our clothes from yesterday. I opened it to find Tristan standing there. I guess James still has to catch a bus in.

“Good morning?” He said looking at us. We must of looked like we had been in a fight or something. 

“Hi.” Brad said leaning on the door and falling asleep again.

“Sorry. We-” I yawned. “We were watching a movie last night and fell asleep there. What time is it?”

“Uh almost 10:30 I think.”

“Shoot. Come in.” I said. I grabbed Brad off of the door. “Brad. You need to go and have a shower.” He groaned then gained his balance and headed up the stairs. “I’ll go and wake mum and Amber.” I walked to the lounge room with Tristan behind me. I knelt beside mum. “Mum. It’s almost 10:30 and Tristan is here. You need to get up. Amber, you too.” They sort of moved. I walked out of the lounge. “I’m going to go and get changed. I’ll be right back. Make your self at home.” I went to my room. I pulled out a light blue tank top and denim shorts. I brushed my hair then braided it and put it in a bun. 

I walked back downstairs and poured myself some cereal. Tristan sat on the stool opposite me. 

“So my mum said I could move in. She was actually thrilled when I announced it.” Tristan said. I wonder why?

“Why was she was thrilled?” I asked.

“I don’t really know. I think she might be going a little insane. I would send her to rehab but I can’t afford it. My sister and I get punished for nothing. I am hoping to somehow get her to move in with a friend.” Wow he has it hard. “Is now the right time to ask why you were crying yesterday?” The truth must come out sooner or later. This is it. Nope, no it’s not. I can’t do it yet. I shook my head. 

“I’m sorry. I’ll let you know when it is.”

“Take your time.” He said. Brad stumbled down the stairs. Hair wet from the shower but thankfully dressed. 

“Hi. Sorry man. I was just so-” Yawn. “Tired.” He said and grabbed a bowel and filled it with cereal.

“Nah it’s cool, don’t worry.” Mum and Amber walked into the kitchen.

“Good morning everyone. Sorry Tristan you have to see this side of us.” Mum said. He laughed.

“Don’t worry about it Betty.” I washed my bowel then walked up to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. 

I walked out and went down stairs.

“Where did everyone go?” I asked Tristan who was the only one in the kitchen.