Chapter 12- Thoughts and troubles

Everyone was stunned. No words, no comments, nothing. They were all just staring at me, mouths open.

“You might want to close your mouths before you catch flies!” I laughed. 

They all closed their mouths before shifting back in their chairs. 

I reached for the marshmallows and grabbed some. I put it on my skewer and put it into the flames. The other three did the same, I was hoping it would break a bit of the tension. Looked like it worked!

One thing I couldn’t stop thinking about, even though we had just told spooky stories. Was that pizza boy. He was so cute, probably too young or too old for me though, that normally happens to me anyway. I can’t tell the others though. I’d rather keep it a secret. 

But the blonde hair, pale skin, tall thin body, and those eyes- What am I doing? I’ll probably never see him again. Sad but true. I think I should just forget about him.

“Rhi?” Brad asked. A worried look on his face.

“Huh? Sorry.” 

“What were you thinking about?” Amber asked.

“Just stuff.” I replied blankly. 

“What stuff?” James asked.

“Why is it so important?” I asked, slightly getting annoyed.

“Because you had a weird look on your face while you were staring into space.” Brad said.

“Ok. You want to know. Fine, I’ll tell you. It was the pizza boy.” They just laughed at me. “And this is why I wasn’t going to tell you.” I grabbed my phone and walked inside. This is the second time today this has happened, but then again, it is getting late. I went to my room and changed into my p.j’s and went straight to bed. I couldn’t sleep though. My brain was running a million miles and hour. I heard footsteps in the hallway, then talking.

“I don’t think we should have laughed at her.” I heard Amber say.

“Probably not.” I think it was Brad.

“James? What are you doing?” I  heard Amber ask.

“Going to apologize?” Answering more like a question.

“You can’t just walk into her room after what we did back there. She doesn’t even know you very well. I’ll go.” Brad said. Yay, company. “Go wait downstairs.” My door opened, and the light streamed in. 

“Rhi?” 

“What Brad?”

“I just wanted to-”

“I know. Apologize. I heard you in the hall.” I sat up. 

“Oh.” He came over and sat next to me. I leaned on his shoulder.

“So how come you were thinking about the pizza guy anyway?” 

“He was cute. Cuter than anyone I’d seen before. But I know I’ll never see him again.”

“Maybe we’ll have to order pizza more often!” He tried to joke.

“Don’t worry about it.”

“Did you want to come downstairs?”

“No, I think I’ll just stay here.”

“Wrong answer.” He laughed.

“What-” Before I could finish what I was saying, he picked me up and carried me down the hall. I didn’t know he was this strong!

“No, no, no, no. BRAD THE STEPS!” I yelled.