Chapter 25- Birthday Celebrations

~ In the morning ~

 Caitlin, Amber and I got up early so we could wait for this YouTuber. Amber wouldn’t tell us her name, just told us to wait for her to arrive. 

The guys came down stairs. “I’ll be back in a few hours. Can you be strong for me until then?” Tristan asked me. I nodded. I was still quite weak, scared, feeling quite venerable. I only feel safe when I’m around him. 

They said good bye to us, leaving kisses on our lips before walking out the front door. 

 We sat in the kitchen, waiting for the clock to strike 10. Minutes ticked by. It felt horrible. We were anxious to meet her, but also nervous. It was a strange feeling. 

 Finally the door bell rang. We raced to it. We opened it to find a young girl, 16 or 17? Long brown hair, bright green eyes, quite slim.

 “Hello. I’m Amber. We’ve been communicating. Please come in.” She walked through the door way. We led her to the back room. 

 “So I’m Rhiannon, and this is Caitlin. I understand you’d like to do a video with us today?” I said. 

“Yes. I’d just like to say, it is lovely meeting all of you. For the video today, I was going to describe your outfits. You all have a very cute fashion sense!” She said. 

“Sorry, we don’t know your name.” I said. 

“Oh right. It’s Shannon." She said. 

“We understand Shannon, that you do covers. Would you mind covering a song with us?” Amber asked. 

“I’d love to!” We touched up our outfits, hair, making ourselves look presentable then sat in front of the camera with Shannon. The piano behind us. Shannon described all of our outfits. Mine; A light green suit jacket, white shirt, black skater skirt, black tights and black wedge boots. Amber; black long sleeved top, black tight skirt, skinned coloured tights, black flats, burgundy scarf. Caitlin; floral dress, denim vest, black tights, black boots. She talked about them like she was a fashion designer! 

After the video, we recorded our cover. Myself on piano, Shannon on guitar, Caitlin and Amber singing. We covered Love Story by Taylor Swift. She had an amazing voice, and can play the guitar really well!  

Sadly after our cover, she had to go home. Had a dinner with the family. She took her camera and said good bye. We invited her around to come over again, to meet the rest of our extended family!  

It wasn’t too long until keys were heard in the key hole at the front door. I got up and raced to the door. My hands shaking. I had kept in my feelings for as long as I could without him, and I’ve just about reached my limit. Brad opened the door and moved slightly out of the way when he saw me coming. I jumped into Tristan’s arms, he embraced me. I let my tears fall.  

“Hey. It’s alright.” He said hugging me. He took a few steps so the front door could be closed. “Is this the first time you’ve cried since I was gone?” I nodded my head. 

“I couldn’t hold it anymore.” I said weakly. I felt so horrible, quite child like.  

“You’ve done brilliantly.” He said and kissed my cheek. “There is someone we’d like you too meet.” He added. Shocked, I lifted my head. A skinny, pale boy stood next to Tristan. I think it was Connor from the video. 

“I’m so sorry you have to meet me for the first time like this.” I said. 

 “It’s alright. I’m Connor.” He said. Stretching out his arm. I shook it.