Chapter 28- Getting things ready

Please read authors note at the end. xx

“10 minutes! Thats not long at all Sam! Where will we be meeting them?” I exclaimed. 

“Here. We have a studio next door where they will be showing us what they can do.” Sam said. She was so excited. You could almost feel her excitement filling the room. “We have files on the bands. You can look over them as they come in and ask some questions and whatever you want.” She handed us 5 folders each. “If you want my advice on this, pick 2-3 groups you like, then ask them more questions. Tell them about Josh, they’re going to need to know at some point.”

“Alright.” I said quietly. I didn’t really want to tell people about him, but I guess I’d have to at some point. The phone on Sam’s desk beeped before she pressed a button.

“Sam. The first band, Connected, are here. Shall I send them through?”

“Yes please Anna.” She disconnected the connection. “She’s my secretary.” Sam filled us in. Amber and I nodded our heads. The door opened. Three boys walked in. Great, boys. No offence to them, I just have a grudge against some of them - mostly if I don’t know them or their name is Josh. They took a seat on the couch next to the widow. We sat opposite them. One of them kept staring at me, and was making me feel quite uncomfortable. 

“Please introduce yourselves.” I say taking charge. 

“I’m Dean.” The one who was staring at me said. Short brown hair. Blue eyes. Alright looking I guess. 

“Jacob.” The one next to him said. Shoulder length blonde hair and green eyes, wearing a black beanie. 

“Luke.” The last boy with blonde hair and blue eyes said. 

“What instruments do you play?” Amber asked. 

“Drums.” Dean said. Why is it always the drummers?

“Bass.” Jacob said.

“Guitar.” Luke said. Basic format of a band. I looked over their file.

“The reason you want to accompany us to America?” I asked. This part shall be interesting. They looked at each other. Dean began to speak. I guess he was like the leader.

“We want to get our music out. Even if it means backing up two beautiful girls. Touring the world is our dream.” Flattery does not work with me. Well, maybe if it’s from a certain someone, but not anyone else. 

“It says here, you started on YouTube, went to a talent show and got kicked out? What happened?” I asked. 

“Yes we started on YouTube.” Jacob took the lead. “But we thought we might try something else, maybe to get us out there. We got it past auditions but then they kicked us out, they said we didn’t have the ‘it’ factor in our performance.”

“Sorry to hear that. Do you want to go into the studio and set up?” Amber said. They collected themselves and got up walking into the next room. As soon as the door shut I looked to Amber. 

“I don’t like Dean. He kept staring at me and giving me creepy vibes.” I said. 

“Just wait and see how they play.” They started to play You’re Beautiful by James Blunt. 

“I think they’re trying to win our hearts. If only they knew they’ve been won over by someone else!” I laugh. 

“It’s cute I have to admit.” Sam said. Jacob started to sing. He really doesn’t have the voice for it. Honestly I don’t think they can really play, it sort of seems like they’re just hitting things and plucking at random strings. I waved at them to stop. I smiled when they came in, trying to be nice.