Chapter 14- Strange Encounters

“Jesse!” Amber exclaimed and picked her up. 

“Why Jesse?” James asked.

“I don’t know, just like the name I guess.” Brad said.

“Thank you so much Rhi! You are the best!” Amber squealed. 

“Yeah, thanks Rhi!” Brad said and walked over to me to give me a hug. As Brad put his arms around me he pushed me to the ground.

“Brad. Get off me!” I said.

“Pile on!” Brad said. I felt the weight on me get heavier, and heavier. They all started laughing. 

“Jesse!” I yelled out. “Puppy.” Then I heard little paws across the floor and came up to me. She looked around and then sat by my head. She wiped her paw against my cheek then sat down next to my neck, and I think fell asleep. Aw. 

“If you want lunch, I suggest you get off me, or you can cook me a hot meal.” The all pushed and jumped off of me. I guess they like my cooking then?

“What do you want? I am thinking, burgers we have some meat and salad in the fridge. They should be ready in 15 minutes. Can someone put some music on too? It’s too quiet.” I started heading into the kitchen when I heard the strum of a guitar. 

“Brad, that wasn’t the type of music I meant, but I guess it will have to do!” I laughed.

Brad followed me into the kitchen. As I turned around I saw James holding his guitar and Amber walking behind them. I noticed the tune, You’re beautiful by James Blunt.

“Sit.” Brad said.

“But I have to cook?” I said while Amber sat on a stool.

“Sit.” He repeated. I jumped up onto the edge of the kitchen bench and sat. Brad started to sing.

“My life is brilliant.

My love is pure.

I saw an angel.

Of that I’m sure.” He started to sing to me. He always seems to do this, he jokes around, comes off as stupid. I looked to James, and saw he was singing to Amber. They were seriously cute together.

She smiled at me on the subway.

She was with another man

But I won’t loose sleep on that

‘Cause I’ve got a plan.” James joined in.

“You’re beautiful. You’re beautiful.

You’re beautiful, it’s true.

I saw your face in a crowded place,

And I don’t know what to do,

‘Cause I’ll never be with you.”

“Yes, she caught my eye.

As she walked on by.” James sung to Amber as Brad was pulling faces at me.

“She could see from my face that I was, flying high.

And I don’t think that I’ll see her again,

But we shared a moment that will last ‘til the end” Brad sung to me. 

“You’re beautiful. You’re beautiful.

You’re beautiful, it’s true.

I saw your face in a crowded place,

And I don’t know what to do,