Chapter Thirty Two

No one could have foreseen the events that followed at that moment. Numerous people, allies and enemies alike, had seen the fall I had taken. They all witnessed my bloodied body falling from a tremendous height, with my blood trailing behind me. They all saw my unconscious form.

It was an unfortunate catalyst that caused the almost fall of the academy. The students had lost hope. Most of the defences had been conquered. Although the deaths were kept to a minimum, the fact that they were losing did not pain the picture that we had hoped for.

Quin's loud roar echoed throughout the academy letting everyone know that he was victorious. His anger at both myself and my species was let out through his roar. His enjoyment at this situation was far more that he should have. Bu he truly thought that I had died. That his ex-wife's line ended with me.

However, he made one mistake during his victory war cry. He attacked Julie. Although I was unconscious, I could still feel the link to Julie. I could feel her pain as she shielded herself from my fathers flames. How distraught she was that I wasn't moving. I could feel almost all of her emotions at the situation at hand.

It wasn't until my father slashed across her belly in an attempt to cut her in half. Her blood poured from her wound as she began to lose her composure. She was giving it everything she had to remain hovering.

Her dress now stained in blood as her right arm hung limply at her side. Her left hand holding her stomach, trying to stop the bleeding. Every deep breath resulting in a coughing fit. Every cough sent more and more blood falling to the ground. Little streams forming at the corners of her lips towards her chin.

Although she was about to lose, She had also inflicted enough damage to Quin. He was struggling to keep flying, and at the same time his flames had begun to lose its intensity.

But it was Julie who fell first. Her wings gave out as she fell to the ground. Her consciousness had begun to shimmer between the two states. Quin saw this and let himself fall to the ground only to land on his two feet, having transformed back to his human form. He had already landed by the time Julie was three quarters the way towards the ground.

Quin's suit no longer in pristine condition as he stumbled to stay standing. His golden blood leaked from the right side of his mouth, as his trousers showed the blood leaking from his torso.

He was watching as Julie fell, her wings doing nothing to stop her fall. Merely flapping behind her. When I felt her lose the hope to continue, it sparked something within me.

At this moment, my instincts were dulled down. I was in control of my emotions and power. However, when a dragon fights for the sole purpose of survival using only its basic instincts, the power at its fingertips is astronomical. Its movements almost unpredictable. Without its consciousness to get in the way of the fight.

I was a spectator within my own body. Its sole purpose to remove Julie from danger. Even my instincts deemed her a higher priority over everything else. I could feel my body lift upwards without help. Only my feet connecting me to the ground.

My eyes were glossed over as my entire body shimmered in a lightning flash than rippled across the ground. Suddenly I formed into lightning that travelled towards Julie. Catching her just before she impacted against the ground. No sound coming from my or my body.

I gently laid her onto the cement below ensuring that she was safe before I turned my attention towards my father. He was merely standing there staring at me. Not sure what to make of my sudden change.

"Victor?" He asked wanting an answer from me. When he received no indication that I would answer him he grew furious. "You know you can't win, boy!" He shouted as he took a step forward, steam rising of his body. "Both you and your bitch failed. How is this going to be any different." He added on.