Chapter Ten

I stood wide eyed at the view before me. It was on a whole other level form what I witnessed back at the Prestigious International Magical Arts Academy. The amount of students alone out right won against my previous academy. My only thought was that I wanted Julie here with me. Instead of looking out through my eyes.

"Rosalie, who is this?" A deep voice sounded out to our right. The voice contained two very forthcoming emotions. One was the lust towards Rosalie when he said her name, and the other was the disgust when he referred to me. Strange, he had never met me before and already hated me.

"Victor." Rosalie said without taking her eyes off the fights below. "He is the transfer student into the Elite class."

"Elite class?" The boy said with so much surprise that it brought my attention to him. He stood a head taller than me with medium length dirty blonde curly locks. His dark blue eyes giving him a look that said two things. One was to take him as an innocent boy who was righteous, but the shadow over his eyes showed his true intent. He was by far not innocent nor righteous.

He wore the same dark green robe that the challengers below wore. So it would appear that he was a fifth year at this academy. When his gaze switched between me and Rosalie, you could see the difference in how he regarded us. He wanted Rosalie as his woman, yet wanted me removed from the picture.

"Is he really that powerful?" The blonde boy said with disbelief. "He is so scrawny, there has to be a mistake." He added as he looked me up and down. Apparently sizing me up.

"Then tell that to the headmistress." Rosalie said with her gaze still on the fights at hand. Two of the four had already ended in overwhelming victories for the blue robe clad men. Obviously the Elites had won and retained their positions. "Why are you bothering me, Jake?" She added as her gaze quickly switched from the fights to Jake as a dark look appeared within her eyes.

"I wanted to catch up. You have been away for a few days now." Jake said with a soft smile on his lips. A smile that did not have any genuine emotion other than the wanting he projected towards her. "After all, you are my fiancé." He added as a look of victory spread across his face.

"Nothing has been agreed upon. Therefore, we are nothing." She blatantly denied his statement. However, the look upon his face did not waver.

"You know as well as I do, that your father cannot risk not marrying into my family." Jake said as he approached her. Closing the distance between her from a few meters to two. I saw a look of disgust cross Rosalie's features as her eyes quickly danced from Jake's eyes to his outstretched left hand.

A feeling of dread cross through me as my instincts took hold. My consciousness seemingly moving on its own against my wishes. Although it did so, I could see what it wanted to do, and I whole heartedly agreed with it. I could feel the familiar power within me rise and fill my muscles and tendons. My nerves dulling to allow for a greater affect.

My body almost instantly moved from behind Rosalie and appeared in front of her, standing between Jake and herself. My eyes darkening as I let the power control me. My instincts not wanting Jake to be anywhere near Rosalie. Almost possessive like.

It was strange that my power could afford me extra abilities after shifting into my full dragon form once. It was if a dam worth of knowledge appeared within in my bodies essence. Allowing me to access what was previously hidden.

The look on Jake's face changed from the previous to firstly a shocked look at my sudden appearance to anger that I would dare get between him and what he thought was his. My eyes straining heavily from as they wanted to shift and show this lower form that he was not to proceed. But I fought successfully against it. Following Rosalie's wishes.