Chapter Twenty Seven

We all looked up toward Quin as he hovered ten meters in the air. Loosing concentration for a moment allowed the rain to continue their decent towards the earth. However, The rain seemed to evaporate when it came within the three meter diameter dome surrounding Quin. As if the fire within him did not allow for the water to reach him.

"It has been a long time Penny." Quin said as he began to lower himself towards the ground. Never letting his eyes leave hers.

"How dare you show your face here?" Penelope almost shouted as an angry look took over her features.

"That hurts." Quin chuckled as he placed his right hand over his chest in mock hurt. An evil smirk lining his lips.

"How did you get in here? The barrier is absolute. You couldn't have bypassed it." Penelope said as the dark blue tattoos appeared upon her person once more as she began to glow a bright white. Gabriel providing her with his power.

"Did you forget who established the barrier in the first place?" Quin replied as his feet touched the ground. His smile returning to his usual cold demeanor. As he said this, Penelope froze as realization came to fruition within her mind.

"Abigail." She spoke softly before returning her focus to Quin. "Regardless. You are not welcome here. Not after what you did."

"Not that it matters now, but she deserved it. For being who she was." Quin replied as he seemingly became to grow bored with the conversation. His gaze soon wondered to me and Julie before he gazed out upon the various buildings surrounding us.

"How was being the heir to the Hectrova family enough to warrant what you did?" Penelope asked clearly not understanding the reason that Quin was insinuating.

"Have you already forgotten who it was that ordered the extinction of my race?" Quin shouted as he turned to face Penelope. "I had to run and hide when our war was lost. How my people, my friends, my family were ruthlessly killed. Exterminated by the hands of the supernatural community due to the order from one man. From the man who advised the council for centuries.

"She was his heir. She would become the same monstrosity he became. I could not allow that. I could not allow my vision to be taken from me. I could not allow the survival of my race to be taken from me by some filth of a monster." He shouted as his skin began to crawl upon his body as if he was trying to keep himself from changing into his dragon. The heat in the area rose due to his anger.

"She was different. She would have put an end to his tyranny. You just couldn't see it. You were blinded by your own ego and pride." Penelope shot back as she took a step forward. It would seem that she did not care for the fact that Quin, her brother-in-law, spoke disrespectfully towards her family. Towards her late sister.

"I was blinded by nothing. She would have become the same as your father. It is the evil of the council." Quin shot back before a dark smile appeared on his lips. "It would seem that this conversation will have to come to an end." He added as he lifted his dead and looked towards his left.

"What do you mean?" Penelope asked uncertain of why Quin would suddenly say that. 

"It would seem that with young Victor throwing a small temper tantrum, the barrier has become unstable." Quin chuckled as he began to lift into the air with the slightest flaps of his wings before he spoke again. "Although it was tremendously easy for me to bypass, it wasn't for the rest of my people." He laughed darkly before his eyes found Penelope's once more. A dark smile adorning his lips. "But they are here now. So let the party begin." He added as he shot up into the air in the blink of an eye, leaving all of us stunned at what he had said.

"No. It can't be." Penelope stated with a worried tone. She turned to me and Julie who had become silent during their altercation. "We have to hurry. We have to warn the students. The war has begun." She added before she turned sharply and with the wings on her bag shot into the air towards the arena.

"It would seem that our reunion will have to wait." Julie said as she squeezed my hand. "We need to stop your father first." She added as she stared into my eyes. A soft smile adorning her lips. "This time, I will not leave you. We fight together."

"I can't ask you to do that. This is my fight. My father." I told her as I turned to face her, keeping our gazes locked. "I can't ask you to fight against him for me. I just can't"

"It's not about whether or not you ask, it is about what is needed. What needs to happen. And at this time, he needs to be stopped." She stepped closer to me and stroked my right cheek gently with her left hand. "We can do this. We can finally put a stop to his estranged dream. To the mindless slaughter he wishes to unleash."

"How? I only barely have enough power to defeat him. You won't fair well against him." I told her honestly. I couldn't risk losing the only thing that I truly cared about.

"That is where you are wrong." She said with a smile before she crashed her lips into mine. Taking our minds far from our bodies.

When the kiss broke, and my eyes opened, I found us standing within a bright white room. No source of light was visible, yet the large room was perfectly illuminated.

My head spun around until I was looking almost directly behind where I first stood. What I saw made me both ecstatic as well as awed.

For the first time since the first inner body experience, I could finally see my dragon. Standing tall with his wings outstretched, a glint of pride within his eyes. I could almost see him smile. But I had to confess. My dragon was enormous. The might of the dragons was truly impressive.

However, what awed me was not the size of my dragon, but the enormous man standing next to my dragon, about half his height. The man had waist length pure white hair that seemed to be drifting through the air as if in water. He wore a pure white long sleeve robe that seemed perfectly tailored to his well muscled body.

His golden eyes shone brightly that almost matched his hard set jawline. The two sets of glowing white wings fully outstretched displaying the amount of power this being held.

His expression was one of annoyance and boredom. It seemed like he did not want to be within this place. His eyes never left mine. What I failed to see first off was the sword strapped to his back made of pure golden orange flames. The sword handle appearing above his left shoulder. The tip appearing around his right leg.

Michael. It had to be.

"I needed to show you this." Julie said from behind me, causing me to turn. What I saw shocked me enormously. Standing in awe I watched the beast that stood behind Julie. Its magnificence shown through its entire body. Giving off the same aura my dragon does. Slightly less powerful, but similar nonetheless. "This should show you why I think I can fight evenly with you. Why I want to help you. And why I know that I won't be a burden."

"How is this possible?" I asked as I stumbled forward in shock. "This can't be real." I added as my gaze switch from the beast to Julie and back to the beast. My mind trying to understand how this situation can be possible.

"I am not fully sure." Julie confessed as she turned slightly to glance at her beast. "However, it had something to do with the transfer from you to Rosalie, and the break in contact between Rosalie and myself. Something within the magic hold that bound me to both you and Rosalie allowed this to happen." She added as she turned back to me. Her gaze filled with the love we felt for each other.

"But..." I tried but trailed off. A loud roar came out behind me as my dragon announced his presence. Almost alerting the newcomer to his position as the prince to all dragons.

He received a roar in response. A roar that held an abundance of respect. The roar of a pure white dragon with golden orange eyes. The dragon that stood behind Julie.