Chapter Thirteen

POV - Victor

My mind was still blank and confused after the events that happened at the reception desk with Rosalie. How is something like that possible? Why am I feeling this urge towards her? Why is it so hard to fight my instincts at this moment? It seems that if I let my guard down, even for one second, it could take over and I would take a back seat to my own body. Something that I do not want to happen.

I need to remain focused. Clutching my robes that Rosalie pushed into my chest, I used that motion to keep me sane. To make my mind focus on the reality before me. To keep me planted.

The ride in the elevator towards the head mistresses office seemed long. Far to long. The close proximity to Rosalie was almost overriding my conscience. Due to this, I could not determine any sort of time length that had passed from the ground floor to the floor that we arrived at. My mind still unable to think properly, not registering the floor that was our destination.

It wasn't until the elevator doors opened, that I regained my composure. Regained my thought process. Yet the powerful aura that suddenly filled the air around me seemed to press hard against my body. As if trying to burying me into the cement of the floor. Pressing me through until I break pass the barrier and fly towards the lower floors.

It took most of my power to barely stay standing. Sweat filled my brow, as the flames that surrounded my body began to flicker uncontrollably, threatening to extinguish.

My eyes wide open as I struggled to remain standing. The familiar heat within them making me sure that they have already changed from the normal circular pupils, into their reptilian slits. My eyes glowing golden as the enormous will to not back down surged forth.

Then in an instant that powerful air suddenly vanished. As if it was never there. My body fell forwards a few paces as the flames surrounding me surged upwards, spanning the entire ceiling surface. My inner power fuelled by my pride as a dragon, not allowing me to fully calm down.  How could I allow someone to think they are better than me?

Through all this, I did not realize that my thinking process had changed. Where I had previously not cared about this, now it was becoming a prominent feature of my personality. Allowing my dragon side some form of control had begun to change who I really was. Making me fall into the previous facade's of the dragons of old.

I rushed forward trying to find the source of the power only faintly hearing Rosalie's voice behind me. Shouting for me to calm down and not to continue forward as I was. But I was incapable of listening at this point.

I didn't take in my surroundings. The corridor that lead from the elevator to the room beyond, was walled with thin waterfalls. With a soft blue light behind giving it a magnificent air. The sound of the crashing water would be peaceful and calming under different circumstances.

Rushing forward, my mind focused on one thing. Albeit I couldn't comprehend, my mind still focused on the fact that as the pressure targeted me, Rosalie may have been caught in the crosshairs. This was something I could not forgive.

The corridor opened up to a room that was surrounded by windows. The room large enough to cover the entirety of the floor. The elevator and corridor excluded. If my mind was in a calm enough state, I would have realised that with the corridor and location of the elevator, there would be no possible way to have the entire room surrounded by windows. Yet it was. As if the corridor faded from your eyesight, the view burst forth.

At the far left of the room was a large dark wooden desk with the tip of a dark blue almost translucent crystal peeking up. A lush black leather chair behind the desk held an older woman of a few years. Her long chest length platinum blonde hair holding its volume with pride. Her bright hazel eyes watching from behind her thin black framed glasses. Her hands clasped in front of her, resting upon her black skirted lap. The dark red blouse giving off a professional yet elegant look.